Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » assembly variable idea
assembly variable idea [message #9339] Sat, 28 April 2007 12:22 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
I've tripped over assembly variable settings a time or two and have an idea I would like to throw out...

Currently the assemblage variable settings (on Linux) are in ~/.theide/ASSMBLAGE.var. If the assemblage variable is actually set in ${UPP_USER}/ASSEMBLAGE/ASSEMBLAGE.var, then the package can be moved as a whole without having the user to manually add it.

At the same time maybe we can look at all the duplications of uppsrc and common in the paths. Probably the easiest way of dealing with this is to define a new variable PROJ="path to the assemblage" and allow a user sellectable button to *overwride* the UPP and COMMON variables. That way we can simply read the uppsrc.var and common.var settings and overwrite them with the project specific ones in necessary. One of the advantages of this is that it will allow support of compilation against specific upp version source on a pre-project basis without mucking all the other projects up.

Just a thought...

EBo --
Re: assembly variable idea [message #9358 is a reply to message #9339] Wed, 02 May 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
I use just another assambly for that purpose.

one using eg /usr/share/upp and another using /home/me/upp as sources

so all apps can be complied with another version by just picking it from another assambly, the sources stay where they are.

Bas
Examples:
MyApp.var
UPP = "/home/me/upp/MyApp;/usr/share/upp/uppsrc"
OUTPUT = "/home/me/upp/out"
COMMON = "/home/me/upp/Common"

MyApp_svn.var
UPP = "/home/me/upp/MyApp;/home/me/upp_svn/uppsrc";
OUTPUT = "/home/me/upp_svn/out";
COMMON = "/home/me/upp_svn/Common";
Re: assembly variable idea [message #9365 is a reply to message #9358] Wed, 02 May 2007 13:52 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
That makes perfect sense once you think about it for a tripple take. Thanks!

EBo --
Previous Topic: Support for non american characters
Next Topic: wierd segmentation fault when execute theide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:16:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06056 seconds