Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Win32's PostMessage equivalent in U++
Win32's PostMessage equivalent in U++ [message #9420] Mon, 07 May 2007 01:32 Go to next message
kevinle10@gmail.com is currently offline  kevinle10@gmail.com
Promising Member
What would be the equivalent to "PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_MY_MSG)" in U++? I'm looking for a way to do this in a generic way, i.e. in such a way that works under both Win32 and Linux?

Thanks
Re: Win32's PostMessage equivalent in U++ [message #9422 is a reply to message #9420] Mon, 07 May 2007 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevinle10@gmail.com is currently offline  kevinle10@gmail.com
Promising Member
I just found one way to do it. We can use SetTimeCallback and KillTimeCallback to mimic the Win32's PostMessage mechanism. The advantage is one code can be used for both Win32 and Linux. If anyone has other idea, please share.
Re: Win32's PostMessage equivalent in U++ [message #9424 is a reply to message #9422] Mon, 07 May 2007 08:17 Go to previous message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Maybee it is easier to answer you question if you tell us what you want to do, there are many good solutions in Upp maybee there is already one for your problem.

Bas
Previous Topic: Win32's PostMessage equivalent in U++
Next Topic: struct name##__layid {};
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:01:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02498 seconds