Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Patch: Highlight Errors
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9634 is a reply to message #9633] Tue, 22 May 2007 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Pleas do the diff file to the latest uvs revision if possible.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9636 is a reply to message #9634] Wed, 23 May 2007 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zardos is currently offline  Zardos
unodgs wrote on Tue, 22 May 2007 23:16

Pleas do the diff file to the latest uvs revision if possible.

I would if I could...
The current latest committed revision seems to be 58.

As soon as someone commits a newer version I will try to recreate the patch.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9640 is a reply to message #9636] Wed, 23 May 2007 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

UVS != SVN Smile Uvs is our internal versioning system. Search this forum to find out how to use it.

PS: What about find in files? Does it work for you?
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9651 is a reply to message #9640] Wed, 23 May 2007 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 08:29

UVS != SVN Smile Uvs is our internal versioning system. Search this forum to find out how to use it.

Ahh, I see there seems to be another repository!

Well, what I have found so far is not much.
I could not find a pointer where to get uvs (uvs2.exe?) and even if I would find it... I could not find a hint to the location fo the ftp server holding the repository.
Looks a litle bit like secret black vodoo magic Wink

unodgs wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 08:29

PS: What about find in files? Does it work for you?

Yes seems to work, here. Just checked it again.
May be there was a problem with the upload on the server.
I uploaded the patch. Later - while doing some programming - found some bugs I have missed. Edited the message. Removed the patch and uploaded a new one with the same name in one step.

Anyway, I have started with these markers and luckily you apllied the patches to ultimate++. Because I would like to have a working "bug free" version I will try to check and fix it as soon as I can.
So, if I do not find out more about uvs I will wait until subversion is updated check the current state of the markers and supply a new patch as fast as I can, before uvs is out of sync with svn. Smile

- Ralf
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9657 is a reply to message #9651] Wed, 23 May 2007 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I can send you instructions on email how to access uvs if you wish.
SVN is updated now to reflect current uvs. Please check ide patches (ASAP I would like to release new dev Wink )

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9659 is a reply to message #9657] Thu, 24 May 2007 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs wrote on Wed, 23 May 2007 22:56

SVN is updated now to reflect current uvs. Please check ide patches (ASAP I would like to release new dev Wink )

Ok here comes the patch.
There was probably a merge error.
I fixed another bug: With new files no markers appeared until switching to another tab.

While doing the merge I recogniced the space between if / for and ( were removed. if () -> if()...
I will try to adapt to the upp-style. But old habbits are hard to fight Wink

BTW: The new Tabs are nice!!! Smile
Middle Click does not remove the tab, yet. But I guess you already now, this.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2007 00:08]

Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9661 is a reply to message #9659] Thu, 24 May 2007 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

While doing the merge I recogniced the space between if / for and ( were removed. if () -> if()...
I will try to adapt to the upp-style. But old habbits are hard to fight

I feel the same about opening curly bracket in line with code...
(that remainds me I must reformat quicktabs code..)
Quote:

Middle Click does not remove the tab, yet. But I guess you already now, this.

I was trying to implement that at least on win32 platform - without success (yet). The problem is Upp does not provide a common way to handle middle click. In win32 it maps middle click to left click.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9667 is a reply to message #9661] Thu, 24 May 2007 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Quote:

The problem is Upp does not provide a common way to handle middle click. In win32 it maps middle click to left click.

Can't you just override MouseEvent?
	virtual Image MouseEvent(int event, Point p, int zdelta, dword keyflags)
	{
		if (keyflags & K_MOUSEMIDDLE) {
			switch (event) {
				case LEFTDOWN:
					MiddleDown(p, keyflags);
					break;
				case LEFTDOUBLE:
					MiddleDouble(p, keyflags);
					break;
//..Etc.
				default:
					return Ctrl::MouseEvent(event, p, zdelta, keyflags);
			}
		}
		else
			return Ctrl::MouseEvent(event, p, zdelta, keyflags);
		return Image::Arrow();
	};

It definitely works on Win32, but looking at the mouse event code I can't see any reason why it wouldn't also work on X11. You could also do the keyflags check in LeftDown for the same effect.

Presumably there was a good reason for not having specific handling functions for middle clicks in Upp, but I don't know what it was.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:33]

Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9668 is a reply to message #9667] Thu, 24 May 2007 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks! keyflags name is confusing... that's why I never tried keyflags & K_MOUSEMIDDLE. I will update quicktabs ASAP. Thanks again.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9669 is a reply to message #9668] Thu, 24 May 2007 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Done Smile Quicktabs can also display only text without cross image. But I make it configurable in the next dev.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9672 is a reply to message #9659] Thu, 24 May 2007 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New ( daily Wink ) Markers patch...

Changes:
* Bugfix: Compile Errors on MINGW
* Bugfix: Sometimes (after Build) some markers disapeared
* Bugfix: Lines containing errors sometimes marked in green instead of red
* Bugfix: Blend-color (age of marker) sometimes was wrong
* New Color for the marker: yellow-green
* Cleanups

- Ralf

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2007 21:33]

Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9673 is a reply to message #9672] Thu, 24 May 2007 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Is this all included in MarkErrorsAndEdits_4.patch (which is now merged)?
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9674 is a reply to message #9673] Thu, 24 May 2007 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs wrote on Thu, 24 May 2007 22:45

Is this all included in MarkErrorsAndEdits_4.patch (which is now merged)?

No. I uploaded a new patch, but as usual found some more errors Sad -> and deleted it from the message board.

Sorry!!

Just prepare the next version if you want, even without the new patch. I will do more testing this time and upload a new patch if I consider it, ready. If in the meanwhile svn is updated, thats no problem. I will do the merge here and supply a patch on the latest svn.

Sorry, again for so much trouble about such a small thing...

Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9683 is a reply to message #9674] Thu, 24 May 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

No problem. Take your time. I didn't noticed any serious errors yet so it went to dev3.
Re: Patch: Highlight Errors [message #9691 is a reply to message #9667] Fri, 25 May 2007 08:49 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mrjt wrote on Thu, 24 May 2007 09:29

Presumably there was a good reason for not having specific handling functions for middle clicks in Upp, but I don't know what it was.

Based on the false idea that narrow interface is better (and middle clicks are not much often used anyway).

Maybe this is the time to add it. The only question is backward compatibility, however, deleting K_MIDDLEMOUSE would solve the problem Smile (That small pack of apps that require it would not compile.... -> easy to fix).
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl and TreeCtrl...
Next Topic: Middle mouse button...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01368 seconds