Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Linux Suse 10.2 build problem
Linux Suse 10.2 build problem [message #9720] Mon, 28 May 2007 01:05 Go to next message
womail is currently offline  womail
Hi,

When I try to build a program the build fails. Output below. I am missing libraries ?? I have added all missing libraries to the include path.

Does anyone have any idea to to resolve this.

Thanks

/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp: In function ‘Upp::Image Upp::GetGTK(GtkWidget*, int, int, const char*, int, int, int)’:
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:87: error: ‘GdkPixbuf’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:87: error: ‘icon’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:91: error: ‘GtkIconSize’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:91: error: ‘gtk_widget_render_icon’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:93: error: ‘gdk_pixbuf_get_width’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:94: error: ‘gdk_pixbuf_get_height’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:110: error: invalid initialization of reference of type ‘GdkRectangle&’ from expression of type 
	‘GtkAllocation’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:122: error: ‘gdk_x11_colormap_foreign_new’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:124: error: ‘gdk_drawable_set_colormap’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:138: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘gchar*’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:138: error:   initializing argument 7 of ‘void gtk_paint_box(GtkStyle*, GdkWindow*, GtkStateType
	, GtkShadowType, GdkRectangle*, GtkWidget*, gchar*, gint, gint, gint, gint)’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:143: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘gchar*’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:143: error:   initializing argument 7 of ‘void gtk_paint_check(GtkStyle*, GdkWindow*, GtkStateTy
	pe, GtkShadowType, GdkRectangle*, GtkWidget*, gchar*, gint, gint, gint, gint)’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:148: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘gchar*’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:148: error:   initializing argument 7 of ‘void gtk_paint_option(GtkStyle*, GdkWindow*, GtkStateT
	ype, GtkShadowType, GdkRectangle*, GtkWidget*, gchar*, gint, gint, gint, gint)’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:153: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘gchar*’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:153: error:   initializing argument 7 of ‘void gtk_paint_arrow(GtkStyle*, GdkWindow*, GtkStateTy
	pe, GtkShadowType, GdkRectangle*, GtkWidget*, gchar*, GtkArrowType, gboolean, gint, gint, gint, gint)’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:159: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘gchar*’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:159: error:   initializing argument 7 of ‘void gtk_paint_slider(GtkStyle*, GdkWindow*, GtkStateT
	ype, GtkShadowType, GdkRectangle*, GtkWidget*, gchar*, gint, gint, gint, gint, GtkOrientation)’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:162: error: ‘gdk_draw_pixbuf’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:171: error: ‘g_object_unref’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:176: error: ‘g_object_unref’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp: In function ‘void Upp::ChGtkNew(GtkWidget*, const char*, int)’:
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:210: error: ‘gtk_widget_get_parent’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp: In function ‘int Upp::GtkInt(GtkWidget*, const char*)’:
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:333: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp: In function ‘void Upp::ChHostSkin()’:
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:454: error: ‘gtk_settings_get_default’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:454: error: ‘g_object_get’ was not declared in this scope
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:510: error: ‘struct _GtkToggleButton’ has no member named ‘inconsistent’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:518: error: ‘struct _GtkToggleButton’ has no member named ‘inconsistent’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:523: error: ‘struct _GtkToggleButton’ has no member named ‘inconsistent’
/home/user1/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp:747: error: ‘gtk_widget_style_get’ was not declared in this scope
CtrlLib: 49 file(s) built in (0:54.67), 1115 msecs / file, duration = 55144 msecs, parallelization 100%

There were errors. (0:55.14)
Re: Linux Suse 10.2 build problem [message #9727 is a reply to message #9720] Mon, 28 May 2007 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think you do not have installed gtk development headers (or not in include path).
Re: Linux Suse 10.2 build problem [message #9816 is a reply to message #9720] Fri, 01 June 2007 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlfranks is currently offline  jlfranks
I had the same problem even after loading all the required software packages onto openSuSE 10.2.

SuSE puts them where UPP is not looking.
They are put in /opt/gnome under various directories.

I found two different ways of solving the problem.
1) Modify the path used in the makefile used to build the
distribution
2) Put symbolic links pointing back to the SuSE installed
areas for various of the elements.

The first method I used on SuSE 10.0. The second I used on SuSE 10.2. Either way worked for me.

Please find attached the make file for upp-2007.1/uppsrc/ide which
I modified for a build on SuSE 10.0

--jlf
  • Attachment: Makefile
    (Size: 804.65KB, Downloaded 307 times)
Re: Linux Suse 10.2 build problem [message #9840 is a reply to message #9816] Fri, 01 June 2007 16:21 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
This is related to the pkg-config issues discused previously. You can take the output from that and freetype-config and put them in the CINC and LIBS variables of the Makefile during upp compilation. Here is an old example from portage:

if use truetype ; then
CINC="${CINC} `freetype-config --cflags`"
LIBS="${LIBS} `freetype-config --libs`"
fi

if use gtk2 ; then
CINC="${CINC} `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags`"
LIBS="${LIBS} `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs`"
else
CINC= "-DNOGTK" # not sure this is correct
fi

This will then properly align the stars...

Hope that helps.

EBo --

ps: I was hoping to integrate this back into the Makefile export generator, but will have to put that off until I get a couple of projects out for beta testing...
Previous Topic: DropList::Find() error?
Next Topic: automatically resizing widgets in tabs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:41:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02715 seconds