Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Reading encrypted PDF files
Reading encrypted PDF files [message #48138] Thu, 25 May 2017 10:04
shockjockey is currently offline  shockjockey
Hello all,

I put this in Newbie Corner as I didn't really know where else to put it. After quite a lot of personal and small commercial projects with Ultimate++ in the past I am back using this wonderful beast for a couple of projects. Every time I have spent time in another IDE or with another language I am amazed by the power of U++. Whenever I need to solve a problem I first ask myself: can I solve this with U++? This is why I would love to hear your input on the following project.

Short description: It's DRM Jim, but not as we know it! I need to read and display PDF files from a third party, that are encrypted using a password. I retrieve the password from a remote HTTPS server by supplying it my personal auth key and data about the PDF found in the PDF itself (this data is stored as XML as part of the custom security handler). When I have the password I need to unlock the PDF and display it to the user.

I have a working C++ solution in VS2017 already, based on open source software components. I use MuPDF to access the XML and manipulate the security handler. Libcurl is used to access the remote server. A nice program called SumatraPDF is the vehicle for all this right now and is used to display the PDF after unlocking. Now I am lloking for a way to do the same in U++, with the following requirements:

Requirements:

- Free (as in beer) or cheap components
- I don't want to need to release the source code
- Read PDF (custom) security handlers
- Extract XML information embedded in the PDF itself
- Retrieve the password of the file from the server
- Open and display PDF files
- No printing necessary
- Only needed for Windows

Would this be feasible using U++? If so which components should I be looking at?
Previous Topic: Console app in need of the Image and ImageBuffer classes....
Next Topic: link error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:26:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00893 seconds