Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Android » Android include file (Android include file)
Android include file [message #48271] Tue, 13 June 2017 16:14 Go to next message
lovmy is currently offline  lovmy

Hello,

i'm using TheIDE to create Android application. It's works fine but how and where i have to put icon file for example for my application ?

In AndroidManifest i add <application android:icon="@drawable/OK" > and i try to add OK.png file in /upp/MyApps/Test/res/drawable ou in /upp/MyApps/Test/drawable but without succes, i have error:

Resource Dirs:
Including resources from package: D:\blablabla\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-21\androi d.jar
applyFileOverlay for drawable
applyFileOverlay for layout
applyFileOverlay for anim
applyFileOverlay for animator
applyFileOverlay for interpolator
applyFileOverlay for transition
applyFileOverlay for xml
applyFileOverlay for raw
applyFileOverlay for color
applyFileOverlay for menu
applyFileOverlay for mipmap
F:\upp\out\MyApps\Android.Debug.Noblitz\Sandbox\Test\Android Project\AndroidManifest.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (a
t 'icon' with value '@drawable/OK').

Can you help me ?
Re: Android include file [message #48273 is a reply to message #48271] Tue, 13 June 2017 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I am so glad somebody test Android builder. Thanks! Smile

To add resources to your project you will need separate package with following flag "ANDROID_RESOURCES_PACKAGE". By separate package I mean you need to create empty package and add it to your main android package. This package will act like a Android "res" directory.

I know that this feature can stop working after my last work to Android builder, but It will be good if somebody can test it. Please let me know if it works if not i will try to fix it in the next weekend.

I found sources that I test this feature - I will attach it to this message - maybe you will find it useful. "MyAndroidApps" is assembly space.

Sincerely and good luck with Android builder,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 June 2017 22:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Android include file [message #48278 is a reply to message #48271] Wed, 14 June 2017 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello !

OK it's works fine ! I 'm using TheIDE version 9251 (64 bit) under Windows 7.

Just before using TheIDE i used old version of Eclipse. And i created software for a lot of system like Nintendo DS, PIC microcontroller... I used Ant task to create scripts to compile and make packages.

Can you add the Ant scripts to TheIDE ? And... But i know it's not easy, can you add auto-completion for Java to TheIDE ?

Your IDE is very good ! Thank you !
Re: Android include file [message #48290 is a reply to message #48271] Thu, 15 June 2017 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello,

just a little problem, i'm putting logo.png into:

res/drawable
res/drawable-hdpi
res/drawable-mdpi
res/drawable-xhdpi
res/drawable-xxhdpi

But i have error:

error: package R does not exist
logo.setImageResource(R.drawable.logo);

Can you help me ? If i write:

logo = new ImageView(this);
logo.setImageResource(android.R.drawable.logo);

I have error:

error: cannot find symbol
logo.setImageResource(android.R.drawable.logo);

Best Regards.
Re: Android include file [message #48291 is a reply to message #48290] Thu, 15 June 2017 18:53 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Try to full rebuild your project - it might be problem with detection of changes done in resources package. Alternatively, you could clean all packages and then build. Please let me know how it works? The resources package technology as I remember is not optimize very well. If you could please migrate to the latest stable TheIDE release (~10800) - there are several improvements to the Android Builder like Core compilation.

I do not plan to support Ant. It is deprecated build system - currently Android world migrate to gradle. But this is not the point what we have want to achieve in Android builder - first of all we want to allow users to create there own apps using our framework.

Well, Java support inside TheIDE is possible, but it will require all of job on our side. Writing parser or use the existing one then integrate it with Assist++. This is huge task and now we have got other priorities. Of course all help in TheIDe areas are welcome.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 June 2017 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Android builder
Next Topic: Android GUI with ultimate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:12:36 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01396 seconds