Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » [SOLVED] Linking Ok, but .exe doesn't open after add a widget in a Layout
[SOLVED] Linking Ok, but .exe doesn't open after add a widget in a Layout [message #48703] Fri, 25 August 2017 22:07 Go to next message
Diego22 is currently offline  Diego22
Promising Member
Hi,

I need help. I'm doing my degree thesis. Yesterday, my project and .exe worked but today in the morning when I added only a "Label" or any widget in a Layout, the linking was right but .exe didn't open. If I delete the label, it works again.

I use MINGW and v.10804

Could anyone help me? It's very important.

Regards.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 August 2017 15:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking Ok, but .exe doesn't open after add a widget in a Layout [message #48705 is a reply to message #48703] Sat, 26 August 2017 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
"linking was right" = so you get new .exe file? (check date, or do clean+build, then the exe will not exist if build didn't finish)

"not open" = that's sort of impossible, can you try from cmd.exe, if it's OS reporting something weird about .exe, or it does run and just instantly quits? Any message?

Or try debug from inside IDE, and put breakpoint somewhere into start of your app to see if it will be reached (and breaks into debugger).

Any compiler warnings?

Your description is too vague to help you, try to add as many details, as possible.

Also examples of the code which was affected by label addition, how you added it and where.
Re: [SOLVED] Linking Ok, but .exe doesn't open after add a widget in a Layout [message #48712 is a reply to message #48703] Sun, 27 August 2017 15:27 Go to previous message
Diego22 is currently offline  Diego22
Promising Member
Thanks mr_ped. I was thinking about your possible options and I realised that with MINGW Release it was working perfectly, but MINGW Debug and Debugger didn't show me the program and the .exe was in the folder.

I upgraded to latest version and I added one by one all the file to the packet and now It works again.
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Console does not appear when debugging using MingGW
Next Topic: SetSurface sample, linker errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:33:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04018 seconds