Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » How's the Mac support?
How's the Mac support? [message #48736] Sun, 03 September 2017 11:51 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
So I spent the weekend doing a basic port of our 3 executable project, both GUI and command line to Linux. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it works as a beta.

But how is the U++ support on Mac? I've never used Mac. Can you compile C++ on it? Does U++ GUI work? Do you need some sort of X port or something like CYGWIN? Is there a CYGMAC?

Do we have any Mac users?
Re: How's the Mac support? [message #48737 is a reply to message #48736] Wed, 06 September 2017 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 03 September 2017 11:51
So I spent the weekend doing a basic port of our 3 executable project, both GUI and command line to Linux. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it works as a beta.

But how is the U++ support on Mac? I've never used Mac. Can you compile C++ on it? Does U++ GUI work? Do you need some sort of X port or something like CYGWIN? Is there a CYGMAC?

Do we have any Mac users?

AFAIK X11 is sort of integral part of MacOS (rest is BSD POSIX anyway).
Re: How's the Mac support? [message #48738 is a reply to message #48737] Wed, 06 September 2017 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Thanks!

TBH, I was hopping for a "Works great! I use it all the time!", but this will do too Laughing.
Re: How's the Mac support? [message #48763 is a reply to message #48737] Mon, 11 September 2017 23:16 Go to previous message
andreincx is currently offline  andreincx
Promising Member
Hi Mirek,

X11 is not 'integrated' into MacOS. User needs to install it in order to have it. IMO that's not what we want as user experience - to install X11 to have our app.
Previous Topic: [solved] Linux LocalProcess::GetExitCode highly divergent from Windows
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Mint Linux requirements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:53:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01903 seconds