Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » u++ in appveyor ? (u++ and continuous integration)
u++ in appveyor ? [message #48919] Thu, 02 November 2017 14:09 Go to next message
janwilmans is currently offline  janwilmans

Is it possible to build U++ projects in https://www.appveyor.com ?

I'm considering re-writing my open-source project https://github.com/CobaltFusion/DebugViewPP in u++ to becomes portable for windows/linux and macos.

However, I would like to keep using continuous integration and have a badge on my github page to show its building correctly at head.

Jan (skyhawk)

[Updated on: Thu, 02 November 2017 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: u++ in appveyor ? [message #48921 is a reply to message #48919] Thu, 02 November 2017 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I believe the continue integration is not the problem. I don't know the setup of the https://www.appveyor.com, but it should be easily configure from the Windows and Linux level. First of all you need to deliver something that will build your application. The best tool for doing it is definitely UMK. After launching build your main project to check that compilation works fine and after that build your unit test project and run it. You can even use my Google Test and Mocks plugin to follow TDD with U++.

In my opinion you will probably lost day maybe two to invent how to handle continue integration on that site with U++. If you manage to do that don't forget to write something here - how to do it. It will be the great gift for the community.

Of course, I also forget to mention that this is brilliant idea to rewrite your application with U++.

Sincerely and good luck,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 November 2017 22:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: u++ in appveyor ? [message #48922 is a reply to message #48921] Thu, 02 November 2017 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
janwilmans is currently offline  janwilmans

I don't quite understand 'First of all you need to deliver something that will build your application'.

My question is basically, can I build U++ projects be build without UMK or U++ itself? because these tools will not be available and the server?
I expect I would need a visual studio or Makefile project probably that can build the project, _or_ I need to build UMK as one of the first steps...

Jan (skyhawk)
Re: u++ in appveyor ? [message #48923 is a reply to message #48922] Fri, 03 November 2017 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolman is currently offline  coolman
Experienced Member
Hi,

Take a look at Building TheIDE with using CMake. Maybe it can help you.

BR, Radek
Re: u++ in appveyor ? [message #48930 is a reply to message #48922] Sat, 04 November 2017 20:27 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Jan Wilmans ,

I ask otherwise - can you install any external tool on your build server that will be available between builds?

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: GCC build gives ambiguous error
Next Topic: undefined reference errors when building
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:22:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03518 seconds