Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement (Bug report)
Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #48965] Mon, 13 November 2017 23:13 Go to next message
lindquist is currently offline  lindquist
I am on Windows 10, and with the Display font scaling set to 140 % (this is a 13" at 1920x1080), the autocomplete popup does not place correctly. See the attached screenshot.

Setting the scaling to 100 % fixes the issue, so does scroll the line being autocompleted further down the screen.

I've tried both the latest release as well as a version I built manually from svn11441 - both show the problem.
Re: Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #48966 is a reply to message #48965] Tue, 14 November 2017 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I added it to our redmine bug track - https://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1811. In my opinion the problem you reported is important, however I think we can fix it around 2018.1 release not sooner.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #48977 is a reply to message #48966] Wed, 15 November 2017 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Should be now fixed.

That said: Placing assist popup to top instead of bottom is intended behaviour (when the regular size does not fit bottom). However, going out of screen was a bug.

Maybe above logic is not right. I am ok finetuning this (e.g. always popup bottom, just reduce the size) - but undecided what is best here.
Re: Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #48978 is a reply to message #48977] Thu, 16 November 2017 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Smile

I will check it out as soon as I can
Re: Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #48996 is a reply to message #48965] Sun, 19 November 2017 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It appears to work like a charm so far. Thanks a lot for the quick fix Smile
Re: Font scaling breaks auto-complete popup placement [message #49017 is a reply to message #48965] Sun, 26 November 2017 23:42 Go to previous message
Hi, there appears to be a similar issue with the "new package file" dropdown menu. See the screenshot. This one is far less critical, but I thought I'd mention in anyways. See the screenshot. The top edge is the top of my screen with the dialog's default placement.

The workaround is to the move the dialog a bit down. Moving the dialog up also works, as the menu then drop down instead of up.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 November 2017 23:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: assert FAIL for "Project / Package Organiser"
Next Topic: bug: iml designer undo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01744 seconds