Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Help wanted for DebugVisualizer (what is the best way to implement a big data log viewer in u++?)
Help wanted for DebugVisualizer [message #49105] Tue, 19 December 2017 14:24 Go to next message
janwilmans is currently offline  janwilmans

I am currently designing a log viewing application, a next-generation version of DebugView++ https://github.com/CobaltFusion/DebugViewPP#screenshot
gathering requirements and ideas here: https://github.com/CobaltFusion/DebugVisualizer

I would like to prototype the UI part in ultimate++ and to do that I was wondering what is the best way to visualize a large dataset in ultimate++?
Debugview++ uses a so-called virtual listview, where only the visible data is stored in the control and the data is rendered on-demand.

It requires the highlighing of the text in the listview is completely customizable.

Btw, also: if anyone is interested, help wanted on this project! I aim to make it multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS X) but I also want to support some platform specific features.
(such as syslog or dmesg on linux or OutputDebugString on windows)

Any thoughts ?

Jan (skyhawk)
Re: Help wanted for DebugVisualizer [message #49116 is a reply to message #49105] Tue, 19 December 2017 16:46 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I'm personally using virtual part of the ArrayCtrl for that. And, as usual, you have 100% control over rendering of everything.

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: Ultimate++ repo and chat?
Next Topic: Touchscreen on raspberry: problem with events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:08:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01716 seconds