Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » _Gstaticassertcompiletimeassertion_0 is negative-error
_Gstaticassertcompiletimeassertion_0 is negative-error [message #49457] Wed, 14 February 2018 02:57 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi-
I can compile this under gcc without MinGW in cygwin.

I tried to compile it under MinGW with theIDE. I am getting an error msg.

Any cool ideas how to get past this error?

My command to compile it under terminator console for glib and c is:

cc test.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0` -I/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/ -o versa

that code works in terminator but below is the error I get with MinGW in ultimate. I thought it would be cool to use theIDE instead of command line. However, I could get by with using the command-line or makefile if I can't get past this.

Thx. for any cool assistance - mtdew3q

C:\cygwin64\usr\include\glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:232:53: error: size of array '_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAssertion_0' is negative
#define G_STATIC_ASSERT(expr) typedef char G_PASTE (_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAssertion_, __COUNTER__)[(expr) ? 1 : -1] G_GNUC_UNUSED
Re: _Gstaticassertcompiletimeassertion_0 is negative-error [message #49471 is a reply to message #49457] Thu, 15 February 2018 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi all-

I have some cool news to report.

I went to use mingw and one of the first things that happened is I couldn't figure out where sha256sum is to verify something.
I thought to myself cygwin is easier! Cygwin has 'everything but the kitchen sink'.

I downloaded the no tool chain install. I figured how to set up build methods based on the mingw tool chain that i had installed.

No more error message like the one in the title of my thread above. It compiled first try.

I have the day off from work today. I am switching gears from cobol to working on learning how to use firebird in the bazaar.
I have 4 days this weekend to find time to practice.
I hope to make a contribution or two very soon if everything is okay at my job.

Have a cool weekend.
thx.-
mtdew3q
Re: _Gstaticassertcompiletimeassertion_0 is negative-error [message #49475 is a reply to message #49471] Fri, 16 February 2018 01:52 Go to previous message
Experienced Member

hi all-

I expended some effort today.

I first tried to compile the mingw u++ with cygwin libraries (fooling with glib installed on cygwin). bad idea #1.

Then, i decided to install firebird for this weekends project.
I thought I will install on cygwin. bad idea #2.

Just to spell it out to save some poor soul : I don't think ultimate recognizes cygwin.
It bombed out with can't detect OS.

Then i realized I could connect to firebird from linux.

That is when I realized that i need mingw with ultimate.
So, the long and short of it is that mingw with U++ compiles and links and can run firebird example with novo's bazaar code.

Not sure yet how to get sha256sum in mingw. Problem for another day.

So, yeah, fun times!

have a cool night,
3rdshiftcoder
Previous Topic: Compiling a POSIX Package
Next Topic: .exe not launching: sometimes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:53:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01104 seconds