FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Building for Windows XP sp3
Building for Windows XP sp3 [message #49741] Tue, 17 April 2018 17:14 Go to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
I need to compile an application for two boxes running Windows XP SP3. On those PCs already runs an application developed with upp. With this new application, when I launch it I get the following error:
Quote:
Entry-Point for "InitializeCriticalSectionEx()" was not found in "kernel32.dll"

According to my searches, to fix this it would be necessary to compile with the XP toolset i.e. specifying in the configuration properties of Visual Studio to use the toolset v140_xp.

As the application uses OpenCV libraries, I thought that they were the problem, so I compiled them with the xp toolset, but the error is still there, so I guess that I should also compile my application with the xp toolset.

Is there a way to tell upp that - when it will launch Visual Studio - the xp toolset should be used?

Regards,
gio
Re: Building for Windows XP sp3 [message #49746 is a reply to message #49741] Thu, 19 April 2018 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Well, at the end the problem was on OpenCV side, not upp.
Re: Building for Windows XP sp3 [message #49751 is a reply to message #49746] Sat, 21 April 2018 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Hi Giorgio,

Which OpenCV version you are using? Also which UPP Plugin you are using?

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: Building for Windows XP sp3 [message #49758 is a reply to message #49751] Mon, 23 April 2018 17:55 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I had been using OpenCV 3.4.1, but there is no way to compile it for Windows XP: AFAIK OpenCv 3.2.0 is the most recent version that compiles in XP.
Previous Topic: Calculated column in a SqlArray
Next Topic: Formatting text with percent sign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01358 seconds