Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Promising results from CLANG/LLVM 6.0.0 on Windows
Promising results from CLANG/LLVM 6.0.0 on Windows [message #49782] Fri, 04 May 2018 10:45 Go to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

It seems to me that for the first time ever I have managed to compile and link a working U++ application on Windows using CLANG (version 6.0.0). Of course, I received a whole bunch of compilation warnings and one linker error too from _cpuid() call in Core/Cpu.cpp, but after disabling that code, the result worked!

I used MSC17X64 builder (i.e. created a build method based on the default MSBT17x64). I had to add "-Wno-logical-op-parentheses -Wno-ignored-attributes" to "Common options" in order to slightly suppress the huge amount of warnings. Also, needed to insert "C:\Program Files\LLVM\msbuild-bin" and "C:\Program Files\LLVM\bin" to top of "Path - executable directories" in order to use CLANG instead of the default MS compiler.

Here's the download link for CLANG:

http://releases.llvm.org/6.0.0/LLVM-6.0.0-win64.exe

Could be nice to have the automatic build method detection to detect and configure the CLANG build method(s). Additional tuning and testing will be necessary to make everything work, but nevertheless it looks promising.

Best regards,

Tom

Update: Fixed second path to '/bin' above.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 May 2018 11:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Promising results from CLANG/LLVM 6.0.0 on Windows [message #49828 is a reply to message #49782] Sun, 13 May 2018 15:37 Go to previous message
aftershock is currently offline  aftershock
Experienced Member
So you compiled your project using clang compiler in msc mode and using msc own linker.
I also tried it...with additional difficulties.
I have to modify these two files
Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\winsock2.h
Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\ws2tcpip.h.
They complained about some minor errors.
I attached patches.
And
compiler did not like _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
So I had to make a command line argument filter that removes that text.
To be able to do that, I had to modify the msc builder within the ide.
Then it got up to linking.
  • Attachment: patch.zip
    (Size: 1.06KB, Downloaded 193 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2018 15:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Other Compiller
Next Topic: What flag for conditional compile to GUI or CLI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:27:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01698 seconds