FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » UHD fixes and tweaks
UHD fixes and tweaks [message #50254] Tue, 04 September 2018 13:56 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I have upgraded to UHD monitor and, as expected, noticed various glitches in U++ in UHD mode.

So I have spent past days fixing this; right now I do not see any more problems in theide.

In the process, I have implemented one new feature:

It is now possible to have both standard resolution and UHD resolution image with the same name in .iml file. When .iml is 'loaded' and UHD mode is active, UHD resolution image is used instead of standard resolution. Note that if one of those is missing, U++ scales the other one up or down as necessary - this was already implemented for years.

Another significant change is in layout zooming based on 'standard' and 'actual' font size ratios - I have altered the equation slightly to reduce scaling, as that simply looks and works better... (200% scale in UHD looked too big as compared system dialogs in windows).

Mirek

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2018 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UHD fixes and tweaks [message #50268 is a reply to message #50254] Fri, 07 September 2018 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Debug/Run options... now has new 'Disable UHD' flag. If activated, this forces the developed application to be launched in "non-UHD" mode.
Re: UHD fixes and tweaks [message #50275 is a reply to message #50268] Mon, 10 September 2018 10:26 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 07 September 2018 10:14
Debug/Run options... now has new 'Disable UHD' flag. If activated, this forces the developed application to be launched in "non-UHD" mode.

Nice option, but it would have been better to set the scale with a percentage.

Currently, I'm running Windows 10 DPI fix. Luckily, it is not needed for U++. But some other apps are blurry in UHD mode.

The fix works fine but it does make you restart windows after any change to zoom factor.
Previous Topic: GuiUnLock
Next Topic: One little ide feature: Highlight column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:01:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01798 seconds