FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » TopWindow Run on Background
TopWindow Run on Background [message #50577] Mon, 19 November 2018 10:44 Go to next message
Qwak is currently offline  Qwak
Promising Member
Hi everyone,

My apologies i search alot about how to start my app in background but didn't find the way to do it.
So i'm calling for help. When we call App().Run(), it open the topwindow, i tried with Minimize but it's not like when we call Hide().
My issue looks realy simple, i mean Hide() after Run() but i failed to manage it :'(

Sorry for my bad english and i hope someone could help me figure it out.

Regards,

Qwak
Re: TopWindow Run on Background [message #50612 is a reply to message #50577] Mon, 26 November 2018 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Qwak wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 10:44
Hi everyone,

My apologies i search alot about how to start my app in background but didn't find the way to do it.
So i'm calling for help. When we call App().Run(), it open the topwindow, i tried with Minimize but it's not like when we call Hide().
My issue looks realy simple, i mean Hide() after Run() but i failed to manage it :'(

Sorry for my bad english and i hope someone could help me figure it out.

Regards,

Qwak

Simple answer: Don't (use Run). Nobody says that your application has to have the main window.

Mirek
Re: TopWindow Run on Background [message #50614 is a reply to message #50577] Mon, 26 November 2018 13:44 Go to previous message
Qwak is currently offline  Qwak
Promising Member
Hi Mirek,

Thank you for your reply, my main class was a child of a layout top window and has a trayicon.
I changed everything to make my main class a child of trayicon so i can still call Run and don't show my topwindow.

Sry to pollute forums with my dummies question.

Qwak.
Previous Topic: [BUG] GL canvas gone missing...
Next Topic: Getting the SQL statement without execute it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:11:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01259 seconds