Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter
MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50851] Wed, 09 January 2019 10:51 Go to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

It seems that running Painter with MT using subpixel rendering causes erroneous results. This can be seen on PainterExamples when Both MT and Subpixel are enabled.

Best regards,

Tom
Re: MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50856 is a reply to message #50851] Thu, 10 January 2019 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is now fixed, but for now the performance is poor. I will look into it again soon.

Mirek
Re: MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50857 is a reply to message #50856] Thu, 10 January 2019 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Yes, it works now, but like you said: the performance is poor.

I kind of accidentally discovered this problem while trying to find a test case for the random text rendering problem I also reported yesterday. While I'm not currently using sub-pixel in any real application, I thought the issue was worth pointing out.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom
Re: MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50858 is a reply to message #50857] Thu, 10 January 2019 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Thu, 10 January 2019 14:55
Hi Mirek,

Yes, it works now, but like you said: the performance is poor.

I kind of accidentally discovered this problem while trying to find a test case for the random text rendering problem I also reported yesterday. While I'm not currently using sub-pixel in any real application, I thought the issue was worth pointing out.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Performance fixed. Please test.

(Now onto that text mystery...)

Mirek
Re: MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50860 is a reply to message #50858] Thu, 10 January 2019 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Thanks Mirek. I will test this when back in the office tomorrow!

Best regards,

Tom
Re: MT + Subpixel appear incompatible in Painter [message #50864 is a reply to message #50858] Fri, 11 January 2019 09:16 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

That's fast! Now with sub-pixel enabled, MT gives a performance boost of 4.4 compared to ST. So, on my current hardware (Core i9-9900K, 8C16T) the performance difference between AA and sub-pixel is only 12 % in favor of AA. Beautiful!

(While this is unlikely to be important, the NoAA on MT is terribly slow. AA and NoAA is on par on ST.)

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Previous Topic: RescaleFilter.cpp: Implicit conversion from bool to double
Next Topic: Strange issue with text in Painter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:58:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03282 seconds