Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Help & Topics (in tab) (Can't find CtrlLib in Help & Topics (in tab)!)
Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51277] Thu, 28 February 2019 12:57 Go to next message
Pradip is currently offline  Pradip
Experienced Member
Hi,

Though I'm learning and using UPP for about an year, this is my first message to this forum. Before stating the issue, I take this opportunity to thank all contributors for making it such a great tool.

Now the issue being faced:
I have created few custom assemblies (other than the default MyApps) for keeping packages being developed. All my packages are based on CtrlLib. Now, when I keep a package in any custom assembly, In the 'Help & Topics' available as UPP tab, CtrlLib is missing from the used packages. However this issue is not there for packages in MyApps assembly. This is true even for new packages created in those assemblies. The images shows 2 such new packages: in MyApps on the left and in custom assembly on the right.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5773&private=0

If anyone knows any workaround to solve this, please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Pradip
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 70.37KB, Downloaded 590 times)

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51289 is a reply to message #51277] Sat, 02 March 2019 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It seems that it is TheIDE bug that doesn't look for package dependency and display only the package that was originally included. I create redmine ticket for that issue.https://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1937.

This task is has not big priority for us. So, if you want to fix that issue you can do it by compiling TheIDE by your own and change their code. It is not too hard - just open ide package from uppsrc and compile as regular project.The good place for start searching for the problem is Help.cpp file from theide package.

Sincerely and thanks for reporting problem,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51292 is a reply to message #51277] Sun, 03 March 2019 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Weird. Is this 'normal' CtrlLib?

Would it be possible to post here test.upp (from test folder) and .var files (from theide folder)?

Is test the only package of yours?

Mirek
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51295 is a reply to message #51289] Mon, 04 March 2019 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Dear Klugier,

Thanks for creating the ticket.

I'm not confident yet to tweak with the uppsrc source Laughing

Of course I want to try that in future.

Thanks and regards,
Pradip

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51296 is a reply to message #51292] Mon, 04 March 2019 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Dear Mirek,

It is the usual CtrlLib. All I'm doing is:
Start IDE; Select my custom assembly (see picture); Start New Package; Select CtrlLib application with main window and give name 'test', and create.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5776&private=0

As usual, CtrlLib is missing from the help window. But if I do the same in MyApps, CtrlLib appears. It seems the problem is only with CtrlLib, all other packages seem to be fine.

I'm posting test.upp and 2 var files for my 2 custom assemblies in following messages (maximum files per message allowable is 1).

Of course not, I have other packages in those assemblies. In fact I have noticed this issue while working with those packages, and then I have created the test package to check if the issue appears for brand new packages. All packages in MyApps work fine, while for all packages in custom assemblies, help doesn't include CtrlLib.

Thanks and regards,
Pradip
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 6.23KB, Downloaded 496 times)

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51297 is a reply to message #51277] Mon, 04 March 2019 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
No Message Body
  • Attachment: test.upp
    (Size: 0.08KB, Downloaded 200 times)

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51298 is a reply to message #51297] Mon, 04 March 2019 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
No Message Body

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #51299 is a reply to message #51298] Mon, 04 March 2019 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
No Message Body

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #53070 is a reply to message #51299] Wed, 19 February 2020 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hi, I just got back to this, but I cannot reproduce it with current trunk (following steps laid out here).

If you have a bit of time, could you please retry with latest nightly build?

Thank you,

Mirek
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [message #53101 is a reply to message #53070] Fri, 28 February 2020 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Mirek! Thanks for getting back!

Today I'll try to reproduce it. Trying first with stable release 13664. In any case, in version 11873 (with which I was working so far, it's very much present.

Thanks and regards,
Pradip

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [SOLVED] [message #53102 is a reply to message #53101] Fri, 28 February 2020 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Mirek,

Solved, however it was weird enough Shocked ! Found few 'empty folders' with names of used packages (like CtrlLib) in the first nest of the assembly, not sure how those folders were getting created though! Removing those folders solved everything, got all those help back!

With this you may consider closing the ticket raised earlier.

Thank you very much,
Pradip

Regards,
Pradip
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [SOLVED] [message #53114 is a reply to message #53102] Tue, 03 March 2020 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Pradip wrote on Fri, 28 February 2020 08:24
Hi Mirek,

Solved, however it was weird enough Shocked ! Found few 'empty folders' with names of used packages (like CtrlLib) in the first nest of the assembly, not sure how those folders were getting created though! Removing those folders solved everything, got all those help back!

With this you may consider closing the ticket raised earlier.

Thank you very much,
Pradip

I think this could have happened if you had wrongly setup assembly, like remove "uppsrc" from MyApps assembly.
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [SOLVED] [message #53116 is a reply to message #53114] Tue, 03 March 2020 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I have actually seen this behavior for some years now and wondered if anybody else experiences the same problem accessing help. Never took the time to ask... Well, as it turned out, I also had an empty 'Core' directory in my private nest breaking help.

Anyway, thanks a lot for solving it! Smile

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Help & Topics (in tab) [SOLVED] [message #53120 is a reply to message #53114] Wed, 04 March 2020 05:09 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Tue, 03 March 2020 14:07

I think this could have happened if you had wrongly setup assembly, like remove "uppsrc" from MyApps assembly.

Unlikely, for any assembly I didn't remove 'uppsrc'

Regards,
Pradip
Previous Topic: how do I add a package from bazaar/plugins/?
Next Topic: ProgressIndicator issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:19:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01388 seconds