FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Menus&Toolbars » Menus become inaccessible
Menus become inaccessible [message #52113] Sat, 20 July 2019 10:51 Go to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

It seems that pull down menus opened from the main menu can become inaccessible. To reproduce (using e.g. TheIDE on Windows):

1. Click on a main menu item to open its pull down menu.
2. While the pull down menu remains open, minimize the window using the minimize button on the title bar.
3. Then restore the window again from the task bar.
4. When attempting to access the same pull down menu from the main menu, it will not show up anymore.

(There is a workaround to get away with this, though: When the pull down menu is selected from the main menu, but does not open, tap on Esc key a few times. Then the pull down menu will close logically and become accessible again.)

This is a long standing bug I have been seeing occasionally for years, but never was able reproduce.

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Menus become inaccessible [message #52115 is a reply to message #52113] Sat, 20 July 2019 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I can confirm this.

I hit this bug occasionally on Win 7 in the past but did not bother to investigate further.

However, last week I noticed something while I was testing my terminal emulator on Windows:

When I minimized the window and then restore it, the terminal display has been damaged.

It turned out that Windows minimize button is really minimizing the window Rolling Eyes (i.e it is resizing the window on minimize event. AFAIK other windows managers don't do this.)

Maybe this could be the main culprit?

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Sat, 20 July 2019 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menus become inaccessible [message #52124 is a reply to message #52113] Mon, 22 July 2019 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
(for now filed in https://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/1978)
Re: Menus become inaccessible [message #52165 is a reply to message #52124] Wed, 31 July 2019 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Fixed.

Resulted in change of policy: If hidden window is now closed, its visibility status automatically restored to visible (previously, hidden window stayed hidden after closing, which was causing the menu issue problem - the submenu was hidden by Windows before minimizing, then was reopened as hidden...).
Re: Menus become inaccessible [message #52166 is a reply to message #52165] Wed, 31 July 2019 12:23 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Thanks! Now it works beautifully!

Best regards,

Tom
Previous Topic: Repainting of DropList
Next Topic: possibly toolbar button problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:45:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02232 seconds