Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Build Methods detection
Build Methods detection [message #52485] Mon, 07 October 2019 14:55 Go to next message
idzeta is currently offline  idzeta
It seems to me that theIDE was able to auto-detect and properly set up for both of my side-by-side installed MSVS15 and MSVS19 in the first run. However, after I (manually) updated MSVS19 to 16.3.2 (the latest), the IDE wasn't aware of the changes of the bin/include/lib directories and stuck to the old settings, which caused "almost silent" failure (the unhelpful "There were errors. (0:xx.xx)" diagnostic) during build process that took me some time to figure out and fix. Could there be a better way?
Re: Build Methods detection [message #52592 is a reply to message #52485] Fri, 25 October 2019 09:09 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
idzeta wrote on Mon, 07 October 2019 14:55
It seems to me that theIDE was able to auto-detect and properly set up for both of my side-by-side installed MSVS15 and MSVS19 in the first run. However, after I (manually) updated MSVS19 to 16.3.2 (the latest), the IDE wasn't aware of the changes of the bin/include/lib directories and stuck to the old settings, which caused "almost silent" failure (the unhelpful "There were errors. (0:xx.xx)" diagnostic) during build process that took me some time to figure out and fix. Could there be a better way?

Invoking "Automatic build method setup" from "Setup" menu fixes it.

Now it is true that this step might be done automatically, so that is something to do for the next release, but it is not that simple; I will probably need to find the correct detection of the problem...

Mirek
Previous Topic: [Linux] Tooltips and pop-up windows don't disappear when TheIde is losing focus
Next Topic: Warning list shown vertically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:42:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01411 seconds