Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » [Solved]CoreTutoral package problem
[Solved]CoreTutoral package problem [message #52988] Thu, 30 January 2020 03:48 Go to next message
bozero is currently offline  bozero
Promising Member
Hi, I have tried the CoreTutoral package and run the programme, but it stopped at tutoral2.cpp line 16:

DO(Stream);

Would you please look into it. Thanks.

My case is win10 + up-mingw-13664 / 13916.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2020 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #52993 is a reply to message #52988] Fri, 31 January 2020 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
First of all, the whole package is only meant to generate the tutorial document.

Anyway, what do you mean by "stopped"? I have just tried it and it seems to work fine...

Mirek
Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #52998 is a reply to message #52988] Sat, 01 February 2020 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
TheIDE pop out a message box as below when the programme is run step by step to CoreTutorial\Stream.cpp line 72.

Message box:
===
Failed to obtain information about threads. Make sure your application posses debug info. The debugger and debugge proceses will be stoped! [OK]
===

Part of CoreTutorial\Stream.cpp
===
/// In `LoadThrowing` mode, `Stream` throws `LoadingError` exception when there is problem with
/// input `Stream`:

in.LoadThrowing();
try {
in.GetAll(999999); <--- line 72
}
catch(LoadingError) {
LOG("Loading error");
}
===

I comment out the above code, rebuild and run the programme.
It run further to CoreTutorial\Serialize.cpp line 42 and pop out the same message box.

Part of CoreTutorial\Serialize.cpp
===
/// When serialization fails to load the data (e.g. because of wrong structure or not
/// enough data in the stream), `Stream::LoadError` is invoked, which can trigger the
/// exception if the stream is `LoadThrowing`:

ss2.Seek(0);
ss2.LoadThrowing();
try {
ss2 % x2 % h2 % x2; <-- line 42
}
catch(LoadingError) {
LOG("Deserialization has failed");
}

===

Thank you for you attention.
Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #52999 is a reply to message #52998] Sat, 01 February 2020 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
bozero wrote on Sat, 01 February 2020 12:19
TheIDE pop out a message box as below when the programme is run step by step to CoreTutorial\Stream.cpp line 72.

Message box:
===
Failed to obtain information about threads. Make sure your application posses debug info. The debugger and debugge proceses will be stoped! [OK]
===

Part of CoreTutorial\Stream.cpp
===
/// In `LoadThrowing` mode, `Stream` throws `LoadingError` exception when there is problem with
/// input `Stream`:

in.LoadThrowing();
try {
in.GetAll(999999); <--- line 72
}
catch(LoadingError) {
LOG("Loading error");
}
===

I comment out the above code, rebuild and run the programme.
It run further to CoreTutorial\Serialize.cpp line 42 and pop out the same message box.

Part of CoreTutorial\Serialize.cpp
===
/// When serialization fails to load the data (e.g. because of wrong structure or not
/// enough data in the stream), `Stream::LoadError` is invoked, which can trigger the
/// exception if the stream is `LoadThrowing`:

ss2.Seek(0);
ss2.LoadThrowing();
try {
ss2 % x2 % h2 % x2; <-- line 42
}
catch(LoadingError) {
LOG("Deserialization has failed");
}

===

Thank you for you attention.

I see. That is not a problem of CoreTutorial, but (probably) a bug in mingw toolchain - debugger fails to start.

You should be able to run it with "Execute Ctrl+F5".

Mirek
Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #53000 is a reply to message #52988] Sat, 01 February 2020 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello, I tried it with MinGWx64 / MinGW (this one don't open properly the GUI, I guess it's intended) / MSVS19 / MSVSx64
and it work fine.

Win 10 - Version 13954 of TheIDE
Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #53002 is a reply to message #52988] Sun, 02 February 2020 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I had tried two of previous stable release of upp bundle with mingw tool-chain and find the following:

CoreTutoral:

upp 2019.1 upp-mingw-13068.7z
Fail, can run but not work, no tutorial file generated(both debug/release build tried)

upp 2018.1 upp-mingw-11873.7z
OK, run properly, editor is popup with tutorial file open(both debug/release build tried)

As the problem come from try-throw-catch block, I try a similar case CoWorkExceptions and find:

CoWorkExceptions: (LOG amended as RLOG for inspection at release build)

upp 2019.1 upp-mingw-13068.7z
release build + execute : seem OK, console => exitcode: 3221225477, log file => Caught: Worker exception
release build + debug : Fail, popup warning and stop
debug build + execute : Fail, console => terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*', exitcode: 3
debug build + debug : Fail, popup warning and stop

upp 2018.1 upp-mingw-11873.7z
release build + execute : OK, console => Caught: Worker exception, exitcode: 0
release build + debug : OK, Log file => Caught: Worker exception
debug build + execute : OK, console => exitcode: 0, log file => Caught: Worker exception
debug build + debug : OK, Log file => Caught: Worker exception

Thank you for your attention.
Re: CoreTutoral package problem [message #53068 is a reply to message #52988] Wed, 19 February 2020 03:54 Go to previous message
Promising Member
The problem seem solved at upp-mingw-14027.
Thank you for all for your effort.
Previous Topic: [Closed]SDLSoundDemo linking error
Next Topic: cannot use oracle from dll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:51:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01682 seconds