Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file
Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53056] Tue, 18 February 2020 14:42 Go to next message
nikeshsharma221 is currently offline  nikeshsharma221

Hi, this does not immediately work for me. Are there other steps I need to make for the IDE to process the .rc file?

Edit: I am not getting any error messages, the icon just simply does not show up on the exe. I am on Windows 7.
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53061 is a reply to message #53056] Tue, 18 February 2020 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nikeshsharma221 wrote on Tue, 18 February 2020 14:42
Hi, this does not immediately work for me. Are there other steps I need to make for the IDE to process the .rc file?

Edit: I am not getting any error messages, the icon just simply does not show up on the exe. I am on Windows 7.

You are probably using mingw build method from the latest release. Unfortunately, the toolchain we supply is broken (by me) and icon does not work.

There will a release soon that is supposed to fix this. You can download nightly build here:

https://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html

which should have this problem fixed. (If you do, please report here wheter it is really fixed for you... Smile

Mirek
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53086 is a reply to message #53056] Mon, 24 February 2020 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
I just tried latest release of Upp with eyecare exemple, and everythings is fine, Icon is well supported. How have you fixed this issue ? are we still using ld.exe ?
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53093 is a reply to message #53086] Tue, 25 February 2020 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Mon, 24 February 2020 15:54
I just tried latest release of Upp with eyecare exemple, and everythings is fine, Icon is well supported. How have you fixed this issue ? are we still using ld.exe ?

Well, newer lld version.

That said, big, really big change is comming. Soon the gcc toolchain will get replaced with clang based one...

Mirek
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53095 is a reply to message #53093] Tue, 25 February 2020 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
mirek wrote on Tue, 25 February 2020 09:17

That said, big, really big change is comming. Soon the gcc toolchain will get replaced with clang based one...

Will it only affect GCC toolchain on Linux or even affecting the Mingw (which is GCC) toolchain on windows ?
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53096 is a reply to message #53095] Tue, 25 February 2020 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Tue, 25 February 2020 14:31
mirek wrote on Tue, 25 February 2020 09:17

Will it only affect GCC toolchain on Linux or even affecting the Mingw (which is GCC) toolchain on windows ?

We do not need (thankfully) to provide toolchain in Linux:)

But Win32 release will be CLANG based. Maybe as soon as tomorrow... Smile

Mirek
Re: Adding Version Information & Icons to app's txt file [message #53099 is a reply to message #53096] Wed, 26 February 2020 23:49 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you Mirek. I think it works.

Best regards
IƱaki
Previous Topic: What is the best way to create a Semaphore with timeout?
Next Topic: use other language but output some words that is not correct.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:06:16 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01344 seconds