FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Use Ultimate with Devc++
Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3710] Thu, 15 June 2006 11:19 Go to next message
dyblast is currently offline  dyblast
Promising Member
Hi, i want use ultimate with Devc++ but it's don't work

Compilateur: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "D:\Projets\squery2\Makefile.win"
Exécution de  make...
make.exe -f "D:\Projets\squery2\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc"    -fexpensive-optimizations -O3

In file included from D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Core.h:267,
                 from D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Draw/Draw.h:4,
                 from D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:4,
                 from D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h:4,

from main.cpp:1:
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h: In constructor `FileOut::FileOut(const char*)':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:494: error: `Open' undeclared (first use this function)
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:494: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h: In member function `bool FileAppend::Open(const char*)':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:500: error: `Open' is not a member of `FileStream'

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h: In member function `bool FileIn::Open(const char*)':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:508: error: `Open' is not a member of `FileStream'

D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h: In member function `bool FileMapping::IsOpen() const':
D:/Dev-Cpp/include/uppsrc/Core/Stream.h:581: error: `hfile' undeclared (first use this function)......

How i can compile , can i compile a static library of Ultimate?
(sorry for my bad english)
thank
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3711 is a reply to message #3710] Thu, 15 June 2006 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
why stone age DevC++?
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3712 is a reply to message #3711] Thu, 15 June 2006 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
clean, and easy to use. Smile but i try with codeblocks and it's same
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3713 is a reply to message #3712] Thu, 15 June 2006 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
dyblast wrote on Thu, 15 June 2006 10:55

clean, and easy to use. Smile but i try with codeblocks and it's same

Have you tried tried theIDE? Compare the speeds... How long does it take to open symbols in DevC++? You must have a lot of free time to use it... Codeblocks is much better than DevC++ but starting time is for quite patient people.

Easier than theIDE? You must be joking... Or you have never seen Assist++
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3714 is a reply to message #3713] Thu, 15 June 2006 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
ok .. if you tell but i want use devc++.. i want just know how compile with..
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3715 is a reply to message #3714] Thu, 15 June 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
dyblast wrote on Thu, 15 June 2006 11:18

which version? have in mind that u++ dev versions makefiles are not maintained (AFAIK).
And u++ was not designed to use makefiles technology. But you can try if you have time...
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3717 is a reply to message #3715] Thu, 15 June 2006 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Maybe this could be useful:
http://upp.sourceforge.net/www$uppweb$linuxinstall$en-us.htm l
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3718 is a reply to message #3714] Thu, 15 June 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dyblast wrote on Thu, 15 June 2006 06:18

I am not sure dev-c++ allows it, but to compile U++ apps not using TheIDE, you could try to use "umk" (like "U++ make") utility - it undestands U++ project files etc...

Mirek
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3725 is a reply to message #3711] Sat, 17 June 2006 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Can i create static library in Ultimate++ IDE (like .a) and use it in devc++?
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3726 is a reply to message #3725] Sat, 17 June 2006 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dyblast wrote on Sat, 17 June 2006 10:01

Can i create static library in Ultimate++ IDE (like .a) and use it in devc++?

In theory, yes. You do not even have to use IDE, just create your makefile etc... These are standard C++ sources.

In practice, it is something that simply does not pay off.

Mirek
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3728 is a reply to message #3726] Sat, 17 June 2006 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
how do that then? i don't do that ...
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3729 is a reply to message #3728] Sat, 17 June 2006 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dyblast wrote on Sat, 17 June 2006 13:43

The very simple way is to compile something in release mode - release mode build process generates intermediate .a library files. Just pick them up in output directories.

Mirek
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3730 is a reply to message #3728] Sat, 17 June 2006 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
dyblast wrote on Sat, 17 June 2006 19:43

Hello Dyblast,

I've worked with devcpp in the last 3 years. It worked pretty well and has a simple interface.
Now I've simply uninstalled it because it is very... VERY... inadequate for using with U++. In fact all the documentation of U++ can be easily accessed with its TheIDE (Topic++, Navigate, etc...). With Devcpp I guess you cannot use the library for lack of documentation.

Regards,
Luigi
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3731 is a reply to message #3728] Sat, 17 June 2006 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BTW, I am really sorry we are not trying to solve your problem harder - but using U++ with Dev-C++ will yield ugly results, means if dev-c++ vs TheIDE is the issue, you will likely trash U++ sooner or later anyway Wink

Mirek
Re: Use Ultimate with Devc++ [message #3732 is a reply to message #3731] Sat, 17 June 2006 20:40 Go to previous message
Promising Member
i will try then ... Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: MS C++ express vs MINGW
Next Topic: upp w/ Ogre3D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:25:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02170 seconds