Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » theide.desktop should be copied during installation process
theide.desktop should be copied during installation process [message #53782] Thu, 30 April 2020 22:39 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I just noticed that now in TheIDE there is an option "Setup -> Install theide.desktop". Previously installation of this file was available under "make install" command. For me it is unnecessary level of complexity. Why we can not simply copied it during running "./install" script? Or if we want to be political correct let's ask users during installation process. However, many application just copied it without asking like chrome extensions or QT Creator.

Separate option inside TheIDE is overkill, because you will execute it once and then it will not be used.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: theide.desktop should be copied during installation process [message #53806 is a reply to message #53782] Sun, 03 May 2020 14:05 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Actually, that was the first thing I did (I think you might even find U++ commit which has it this way).

Current solution has the advantage that it allows you to move theide elsewhere. Usually after I built theide on the new system, the next step I do is to move it to ~/bin...

Mirek
Previous Topic: [BUG - Solved] After copying theide.desktop TheIDE icon is not present in the toolbar
Next Topic: TheIDE [Close others] options don' t work properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:53:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01406 seconds