FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » GraphDraw/GraphCtrl
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53903 is a reply to message #53901] Thu, 14 May 2020 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradip is currently offline  Pradip
Experienced Member
Mirek Laughing Laughing
Truly these antiviruses make so much trouble at times. First time theide.exe ran, it was the clang.exe that was blocked first, and next time onwards theide.exe was also blocked.
14-05-2020 11:47:34   mfeatp(7744.8772) <SYSTEM> Orchestrator.RepChangeListener.Activity: Real Protect cloud scanner trace complete for process id 3572 , file E:\upp-win-14429\upp\theide.exe with reason id 1
14-05-2020 11:51:22   mfeatp(7744.7476) <SYSTEM> Orchestrator.Action.Activity: Action Taken on File E:\upp-win-14429\upp\bin\clang\bin\clang.exe with reputation 1 is: Block
14-05-2020 11:51:22   mfeatp(7744.7476) <SYSTEM> Orchestrator.Action.Activity: Action Details::  File: clang.exe , Mode: Enforce , Scanner: On-Execute Scan , Detection Name: ATP/Suspect!bcea0d393d11 , Reputation: 1  [Known Malicious] , ActionTaken: Block  Rule id: 0 , Content Version: Not Available
14-05-2020 11:52:58   mfeatp(7744.3840) <SYSTEM> Orchestrator.Action.Activity: Action Taken on File E:\upp-win-14429\upp\theide.exe with reputation 1 is: Block
14-05-2020 11:52:58   mfeatp(7744.3840) <SYSTEM> Orchestrator.Action.Activity: Action Details::  File: theide.exe , Mode: Enforce , Scanner: On-Execute Scan , Detection Name: ATP/Suspect!8b4fa2a4e3c1 , Reputation: 1  [Known Malicious] , ActionTaken: Block  Rule id: 0 , Content Version: Not Available

I think it's all about some 'reputation', saw it happening before too. And this is the reason I don't get the latest stable release immediately on release. Probably after some usage it gains on reputation with those AVs, shouldn't worry about it much.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53904 is a reply to message #53902] Thu, 14 May 2020 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

If the problem is the Ide.exe that doesn't pass MacAfee

Try mixing Ide.exe old version with uppsrc recent version I'm always doiing this since I update from svn
If the dowload wont acheive because of McAfee, dowload a source only version (svn, git, ..)
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53905 is a reply to message #53904] Thu, 14 May 2020 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,
That's a nice trick, using old ide.exe with new uppsrc Very Happy! McAfee is still blocking clang.exe, gcc.exe, c++.exe, but I can use MSVS17 compiler.
GraphCtrl_Demo_GUI is running this way now, so I have enough to study, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53906 is a reply to message #53905] Thu, 14 May 2020 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Pradip wrote on Thu, 14 May 2020 12:18
Hello Didier,
That's a nice trick, using old ide.exe with new uppsrc Very Happy! McAfee is still blocking clang.exe, gcc.exe, c++.exe, but I can use MSVS17 compiler.
GraphCtrl_Demo_GUI is running this way now, so I have enough to study, thanks a lot.

Well, I would offer you even better trick: Uninstall McAfee...
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53907 is a reply to message #53906] Thu, 14 May 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Really wish I could do that. This is work laptop, so you know.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53921 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 15 May 2020 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Didier the code is so complex, but the result is really fascinating! Hope you won't mind if I ask you stupid questions as I go on to try it.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53929 is a reply to message #53921] Fri, 15 May 2020 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

No problem : ask all the questions you need

I will add data to GanttCtrl_Test so that it's more simple.

GraphCtrl_Demo was not intended to be a public demo: it is more my overall testing application with some ugly code.

There is also some documentation in graphDraw and GrapCtrl packages ( although the CRTP part is not completelly true any more : since it was to complex, I qicked out most of it )

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53939 is a reply to message #53929] Sat, 16 May 2020 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

You may consider explicit conversions to avoid these warnings by MS compilers. Anyways this is of low priority, I think other compilers don't complain about it.

e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GridStepManager.h (165): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'double' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GridAxisDraw.h (239): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\ganttctrl\GanttGridAxisDraw.h (81): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\ganttctrl\GanttGridAxisDraw.h (82): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (841): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (857): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (863): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (997): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (1024): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'double' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (82): warning C4244: 'return': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (56): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (57): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (58): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (33): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (34): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (35): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GridStepManager.h (165): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'double' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GridAxisDraw.h (239): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (126): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (131): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'double' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (237): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (238): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (240): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (246): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (250): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int16', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (266): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (278): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (283): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (302): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (315): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'T' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (317): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (345): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (346): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (347): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (358): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (362): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int16', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (377): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (391): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (396): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (415): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (431): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (431): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'T' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (433): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (447): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (448): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'Upp::int64', possible loss of data
E:\UPP_Projects\GraphDraw\GridStepManager.cpp (454): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (841): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (857): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (863): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (997): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphDrawBase.h (1024): warning C4244: '=': conversion from 'double' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (82): warning C4244: 'return': conversion from 'Upp::int64' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (56): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (57): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (58): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (33): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (34): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\graphdraw\GraphFunctions.h (35): warning C4244: 'initializing': conversion from 'T' to 'float', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\ganttctrl\GanttGridAxisDraw.h (81): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data
e:\upp_projects\ganttctrl\GanttGridAxisDraw.h (82): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'Upp::GraphDraw_ns::TypeGraphCoord' to 'int', possible loss of data

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53945 is a reply to message #53939] Sat, 16 May 2020 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Usually I remove ALL warnings : A good code does not have any warning at all.

On linux it does not show these errors, and it's my main dev plateform : that's the reason why tey are still around Wink

I will check if I can enable these errors with CLANG or GCC on linux

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53958 is a reply to message #53945] Sun, 17 May 2020 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

I removed all the warnings I see on MSC15 + some others that don't appear (sign conversions)

I used the following compile flags on CLANG/linux :
-std=c++14 -Wno-logical-op-parentheses -Wimplicit-float-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wfloat-conversion -Wconditional-uninitialized

But there are still some warnings that only appear on MSC Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2020 00:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #53959 is a reply to message #53958] Mon, 18 May 2020 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks Didier, now there are not a single warning on MSVS17. I'm working for displaying timeline bars, understanding the CustomData and CustomDataSource classes. Once done I'll show you the result.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54051 is a reply to message #53959] Sun, 24 May 2020 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,
Need some help. Please see my implementation of CustomData and CustomDataSource, similar to your demo:
namespace Upp {
namespace GraphDraw_ns {

class GanttBar : public CustomData {
private:
	int row_num;
	const S_ACTIVITIES* act;
	RectGraph bar;
//	TypeScreenCoord bar_thk = 5;

public:
	GanttBar(int row, const S_ACTIVITIES* ac) : row_num(row), act(ac) {
		bar.left = act->START_DATE_PL.Get();
		bar.right = act->END_DATE_PL.Get();
		bar.top = row_num + 0.25;
		bar.bottom = row_num + 0.75;
	};

virtual ~GanttBar() {};

virtual bool Intersects(const RectGraph& graphView) const {
		return graphView.Intersects(bar);
	};

virtual bool Contains(const PointGraph& pt) const {
		return bar.Contains(pt);
	};

virtual void PaintDataPoint(BufferPainter& dw, int scale,
		const CoordinateConverter* xCoordConv, const CoordinateConverter* yCoordConv) {

const TypeScreenCoord left = xCoordConv->toScreen(bar.left);
		const TypeScreenCoord right = xCoordConv->toScreen(bar.right);
		const TypeScreenCoord bottom = yCoordConv->toScreen(bar.top);
		const TypeScreenCoord top = yCoordConv->toScreen(bar.bottom);
		Rect r(left,top, right, bottom);

ChPaint(dw, r, Yellow());
	};

String ToString() const {
		return Format("Row num=%i\tActivity ID=%i\tBar=%s", row_num, act->ACT_ID, bar.ToString());
	};
};

class GanttBarSeries : public CustomDataSource {
private:
	const ArrayCtrl* array;
	Array<GanttBar> gantt_bars;

public:
	GanttBarSeries() {};

void Link(const ArrayCtrl* ar) {
		array = ar;
	};

void RefreshBars() {
		if(!gantt_bars.IsEmpty()) gantt_bars.Clear();
		int n = array->GetCount();
		for(int i = 0; i < n; i++) {
			GanttBar gb(i, &ActById(array->Get(i, ACT_ID)));
			gantt_bars.Add(gb);
		}
		DUMP(gantt_bars);
	};

virtual ~GanttBarSeries() {};
	virtual unsigned int GetCount() const {return gantt_bars.GetCount();};
	virtual const CustomData& Get(unsigned int dataIndex) const {return gantt_bars[dataIndex];};
	virtual CustomData& Get(unsigned int dataIndex) {return gantt_bars[dataIndex];};
};

};
};

You will see that I'm trying to link the Gantt with an ArrayCtrl. The DUMP is showing this:
gantt_bars = [Row num=0	Activity ID=10	Bar=[737830, 0.25] - [737947, 0.75] : (117, 0.5), Row num=1	Activity ID=28	Bar=[737832, 1.25] - [737854, 1.75] : (22, 0.5), Row num=2	Activity ID=29	Bar=[737854, 2.25] - [737856, 2.75] : (2, 0.5), Row num=3	Activity ID=118	Bar=[737856, 3.25] - [737898, 3.75] : (42, 0.5), Row num=4	Activity ID=126	Bar=[737856, 4.25] - [737859, 4.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=5	Activity ID=127	Bar=[737859, 5.25] - [737862, 5.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=6	Activity ID=128	Bar=[737862, 6.25] - [737867, 6.75] : (5, 0.5), Row num=7	Activity ID=129	Bar=[737867, 7.25] - [737870, 7.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=8	Activity ID=130	Bar=[737870, 8.25] - [737881, 8.75] : (11, 0.5), Row num=9	Activity ID=131	Bar=[737870, 9.25] - [737873, 9.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=10	Activity ID=133	Bar=[737873, 10.25] - [737875, 10.75] : (2, 0.5), Row num=11	Activity ID=134	Bar=[737875, 11.25] - [737879, 11.75] : (4, 0.5), Row num=12	Activity ID=388	Bar=[737879, 12.25] - [737881, 12.75] : (2, 0.5), Row num=13	Activity ID=136	Bar=[737881, 13.25] - [737886, 13.75] : (5, 0.5), Row num=14	Activity ID=137	Bar=[737881, 14.25] - [737883, 14.75] : (2, 0.5), Row num=15	Activity ID=138	Bar=[737883, 15.25] - [737884, 15.75] : (1, 0.5), Row num=16	Activity ID=139	Bar=[737883, 16.25] - [737890, 16.75] : (7, 0.5), Row num=17	Activity ID=140	Bar=[737890, 17.25] - [737895, 17.75] : (5, 0.5), Row num=18	Activity ID=141	Bar=[737895, 18.25] - [737898, 18.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=19	Activity ID=121	Bar=[737898, 19.25] - [737931, 19.75] : (33, 0.5), Row num=20	Activity ID=143	Bar=[737898, 20.25] - [737901, 20.75] : (3, 0.5), Row num=21	Activity ID=144	Bar=[737901, 21.25] - [737909, 21.75] : (8, 0.5), Row num=22	Activity ID=145	Bar=[737909, 22.25] - [737916, 22.75] : (7, 0.5), Row num=23	Activity ID=148	Bar=[737916, 23.25] - [737924, 23.75] : (8, 0.5), Row num=24	Activity ID=149	Bar=[737924, 24.25] - [737926, 24.75] : (2, 0.5), Row num=25	Activity ID=150	Bar=[737926, 25.25] - [737931, 25.75] : (5, 0.5), Row num=26	Activity ID=123	Bar=[737931, 26.25] - [737939, 26.75] : (8, 0.5), Row num=27	Activity ID=124	Bar=[737939, 27.25] - [737946, 27.75] : (7, 0.5), Row num=28	Activity ID=125	Bar=[737946, 28.25] - [737947, 28.75] : (1, 0.5)]

So the bars are being made alright. In my application (TopWindow) header:
	GraphDraw_ns::GanttCtrl gantt;
	Upp::GraphDraw_ns::GanttBarSeries ganttBarSeries;

In TopWindow constructor:
	ganttBarSeries.Link(&array);
	gantt.AddCustomSeries(ganttBarSeries);

And in a callback which refreshes the linked array:
	ganttBarSeries.RefreshBars();
	gantt.Refresh();

However the gantt chart is always empty, doing FitToData() is also not showing any bar. What am I missing here?

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54052 is a reply to message #54051] Sun, 24 May 2020 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Two points:
* FitToData() isn't implemented yet for CustomData Embarassed
* RefreshBars() is useless, all the refresh is already managed

What you need to do is:
1 - Set graph limits
      graph.GetX1CoordConverter().SetGraphMin(...)
      graph.GetX1CoordConverter().SetGraphMax(...)
      graph.GetX1CoordConverter().setGraphMinRangeLimit(...);
      graph.GetX1CoordConverter().setGraphMaxRangeLimit(...);

2 - Set data as modified (so it will be refreshed automatically)
This is important because the resulting image is cached to speed-up display when moving a cursor, changing tabs or whatever
      graph.SetModifyCustomSeries(); // this will force full repaint on next refresh
      graph.Refresh();
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54060 is a reply to message #54052] Thu, 28 May 2020 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier!

Yes it worked! Fantastic!

Please tell me, is there an easy way to flip the Y axis? Currently the origin is in bottom-left, how to make it in top-left?

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54063 is a reply to message #54060] Thu, 28 May 2020 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Really amazing work with the GraphCtrl!
Is there a way to allow only X axis zooming but prevent Y axis zooming?

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54065 is a reply to message #54063] Fri, 29 May 2020 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Pradip wrote on Thu, 28 May 2020 18:52
Hello Didier,

Really amazing work with the GraphCtrl!
Is there a way to allow only X axis zooming but prevent Y axis zooming?

Thank you and yes there is Smile
Several restriction methods are available for zoom / scroll (these are also available directly through the layout designer as options)

DisableGraphZoom
DisableGraphScroll
DisableAxisZoom
DisableXZoom
DisableYZoom
DisableAxisScroll
DisableXScroll
DisableYScroll

Quote:
Please tell me, is there an easy way to flip the Y axis? Currently the origin is in bottom-left, how to make it in top-left?

Well I never needed this so it isn't available out of the box, but it should be quite easy to do.
I'll see if I can add a ' void InvertAxis()' method : this may come handy one day

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2020 00:03]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54068 is a reply to message #54065] Fri, 29 May 2020 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

DisableXZoom(true) and DisableYZoom(true) individually are not working; they are working only if together; please check.

InvertAxis will really be helpful, there are many engineering graphs which are drawn with origin at top left.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54069 is a reply to message #54068] Fri, 29 May 2020 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

I will check tomorrow

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2020 23:09]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54077 is a reply to message #54069] Sat, 30 May 2020 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks Didier,

Take your time.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54080 is a reply to message #54077] Sat, 30 May 2020 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

I just checked and DisableYAxis() works fine but DisableXAxis() almost works fine

zoom from axis (on one side of graph) (CTRL + mouse wheel) : OK X & Y
zoom from graph area selection (CTRL + mouse left click n drag) : OK X & Y
zoom with ctrl+ mouse wheel : does not work for X and works for Y ==> strange... code for both should be the same

Need more time to investigate further
Previous Topic: Anboto/Surface updated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:59:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01601 seconds