FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » GraphDraw/GraphCtrl
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54091 is a reply to message #54080] Sun, 31 May 2020 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradip is currently offline  Pradip
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Just take your time with the zoom and scroll features. All scrolling seems to be just fine, there might be a small glitch with zooming. This is what I found:

With DisableYScroll(true) and DisableYZoom(true), the graph can never be scrolled in Y direction, but it is possible to zoom in Y direction by ctrl + mouse wheel. This might help you in finding the glitch.

Meanwhile if you can add the InvertAxis() it will really be very helpful.

As I'm exploring it, I'm amazed more and more with the thoughtful features of the GraphCtrl!!! Superb work indeed!

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54112 is a reply to message #54091] Mon, 01 June 2020 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Pradip,
InvertAxis() is comming, I have something working. Needs some cleaning
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54196 is a reply to message #54112] Sat, 06 June 2020 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
tHello Pradip,

I finally finished InvertAxis was working since last week but I had a bug laying around. took me some time to find it
I updated GanttCtrl_test so you can see how to use it.

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54198 is a reply to message #54196] Sun, 07 June 2020 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier!

Yay! You are just awesome!
gantt.GetY1GridAxisDraw().setAxisInverted(); this does the job! Yaay!
Plus the bug with zoom/scroll is also fixed now! Thank you so much! See a screenshot of my app, you really made it possible!

index.php?t=getfile&id=6106&private=0

Next I need to have dynamic grid, changing the granularity and type of display with zoom in and out, and need to find a way to scroll the gantt along with tree/array. I'll show you some sample of the dynamic grids that I'm talking about. Also I need to have a vertical line showing today, and the gray vertical bands should appear for declared holidays also. I'll study class GanttGridAxisDraw bit more. I'll write you about it soon.

Thanks a lot Very Happy

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Mon, 08 June 2020 06:55]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54204 is a reply to message #54198] Sun, 07 June 2020 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Looks great, happy to see it is usefull for you Razz

To make a dynamic grid you have to :
..* modify GanttGridStepCalcCbk()
....This is the method that determines where to put grid lines
..* Modify PaintXxxx() methods to give each grid step the look you want
......* PaintHGrid() : paints the grid on the graph
......* PaintAxisTop() : paints the upper axis part (where the date is displayed)

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2020 18:50]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54213 is a reply to message #54204] Thu, 11 June 2020 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Please suggest an easy way to set the grid step to a specific value, bypassing NormalizedStep. For Y axis I need to have the grid steps interval as 1, that's why.

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Thu, 11 June 2020 12:35]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54215 is a reply to message #54213] Thu, 11 June 2020 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

And how to change the X and Y grid colors? For previous message and this one I tried these, don't seem to work
	gantt.SetYGridColor(Yellow());
	gantt.SetXGridColor(Yellow());
	gantt.setYNbGridSteps(array.GetCount());

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54217 is a reply to message #54215] Thu, 11 June 2020 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Hope you don't mind me asking random questions Razz

Please check this code in GraphDraw.cpp
	void DrawSmartText(Draw& draw, int x, int y, int cx, const char *text, const Font scaledFont, Color ink, int scale) {
		if(*text == '\1') {
			RichText txt = ParseQTF(text + 1, 0);
			txt.ApplyZoom(GetRichTextStdScreenZoom());
			txt.Paint(Zoom(scale, 1), draw, x, y, cx);
			return;
		}
		DrawTLText(draw, x, y, cx, ToUnicode(text, CHARSET_DEFAULT), scaledFont, ink, 0);
	}

QTF is activated if the first byte is '\1', is this different behavior from standard QTF, where '\1' escapes all following characters?

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54219 is a reply to message #54217] Fri, 12 June 2020 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
void DrawSmartText(Draw& draw, ...)

This is defined in LabelBase h/cpp
Where ever it is derived from LabelBase you can use QTF.

e.g. Labels, Button, Tooltip, OK/Cancel prompts etc.

Warm Regards

Deepak

[Updated on: Fri, 12 June 2020 10:32]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54225 is a reply to message #54219] Sat, 13 June 2020 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Dear Deepak,

Thanks! That will definitely help my understanding.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54239 is a reply to message #54225] Sat, 13 June 2020 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

Quote:
void DrawSmartText(Draw& draw, ...)

In fact I have a modified copy of the original method : 'scale' parameter is added
'\1' is a QTF trick of original method : if first caracter == '\1' then texte is QTF otherwise it not the case

Quote:
gantt.SetYGridColor(Yellow());
gantt.SetXGridColor(Yellow());

These methods do not work anymore since I added Chameleon support : work is not finished
And to be honest, the simple solution would be to suppress these methods.
But on the other hand, these methods allow access through the layout-designer
which was my first objective... so suppressing them doesn't satisfy me.
I have to find an elegant way to mix both (I have some ideas but didn't start coding yet)

Quote:
gantt.setYNbGridSteps(array.GetCount());

This one shoudn't be present: it uses GridStepManager::SetNbSteps() which is for internal use

Quote:
Please suggest an easy way to set the grid step to a specific value, bypassing NormalizedStep. For Y axis I need to have the grid steps interval as 1, that's why

I will post you solution in next message

[Updated on: Sat, 13 June 2020 23:51]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54240 is a reply to message #54239] Sun, 14 June 2020 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Here the code you need,

A dedicated function to calculate the steps (with a fixed grid step off 1)

static void GanttCtrl::step1_GridStepCalcCbk(GridStepManager& gridStepManager, CoordinateConverter& coordConv) {
	const unsigned int nbMaxSteps = GridStepManager::NB_MAX_STEPS; //gridStepManager.GetNbMaxSteps();
	GridStepData* gridStepData = gridStepManager.GetGridStepData();
	TypeGraphCoord gridStepValue = 1;
	TypeGraphCoord gridStartValue = GridStepManager::GetGridStartValue( gridStepValue, coordConv.getGraphMin() );

unsigned int nbSteps = (unsigned int)tabs((coordConv.getGraphMax() - gridStartValue) / gridStepValue);

if (nbSteps > nbMaxSteps) {
		nbSteps = nbMaxSteps;
	}
	gridStepManager.SetNbSteps(nbSteps);

// fill step values ==> used by gridStepIterator
	for (unsigned int c=0; c<nbSteps+1; ++c) {
		gridStepData[c].stepGraphValue = gridStartValue + gridStepValue*c;
		gridStepData[c].drawTickText = 0;// ==> draw tick text not needed (from you're screen shot)
	}
}

In GanttCtrl constructor, add:
	GetY1GridAxisDraw().GetGridStepManager().setCustomGridSteps(STDBACK(step1_GridStepCalcCbk));

And the trick is done Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2020 00:14]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54242 is a reply to message #54240] Sun, 14 June 2020 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
To set the colors using Chameleon, use the following code:

In you're application header (in GanttCtrl_Test class) declare the following variable:
	Upp::GraphDraw_ns::GanttCtrl::Style ganttStyle;

In application init (GanttCtrl_Test constructor) add the following code:
(Not sure it is axisColor you wanted to change, probably gridColor)
	ganttStyle = graph.StyleDefault();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.axisWidth     = 2;
	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.axisColor     = Yellow();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.axisTextFont  = StdFont();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.axisTextColor = SRed();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.axisTickColor = SRed();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.gridColor     = Yellow();
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.primaryTickFactory    << []() ->TickMark* { TickMark* t = new LineTickMark();  t->SetTickLength(3); return t; };
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.secondaryTickFactory  << []() ->TickMark* { TickMark* t = new LineTickMark();  t->SetTickLength(1); return t; };
//	ganttStyle.x1AxisStyle.lmntBackgnd = Null;
//
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.axisWidth     = 2;
	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.axisColor     = Yellow();
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.axisTextFont  = StdFont();
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.axisTextColor = SRed();
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.axisTickColor = SRed();
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.gridColor     = Yellow();
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.primaryTickFactory    << []() ->TickMark* { TickMark* t = new LineTickMark();  t->SetTickLength(3); return t; };
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.secondaryTickFactory  << []() ->TickMark* { TickMark* t = new LineTickMark();  t->SetTickLength(1); return t; };
//	ganttStyle.y1AxisStyle.lmntBackgnd = Null;

graph.SetStyle( ganttStyle );

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2020 00:45]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54287 is a reply to message #54242] Sun, 21 June 2020 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

GraphCtrl's sheer brilliance amazes me indeed! I could do all these without much difficulty:
  • Learned to use Chameleon, bit tricky though, need to dig through a lot of typedefs
  • Dynamic grid; virtually anything can be done with the grids with your framework! uploaded few screenshots
  • Sync scroll with another ctrl, by using SetGraphMin and SetGraphMax; noted that Link syncs with another CoordinateConverter

2 questions:
  1. How to alter the default margin of 3 px? The following line doesn't work:
    // gantt.SetTopMargin(1).SetLeftMargin(1).SetBottomMargin(1).Se tRightMargin(1);
    some text seems to spill into the margin, see in one of the uploaded images
  2. What can be done with CustomDataSource::PaintOne? How does style work?

I must say again, thanks a lot for GraphCtrl! It makes life so easy!
  • Attachment: Images.rar
    (Size: 281.89KB, Downloaded 117 times)

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Sun, 21 June 2020 12:57]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54288 is a reply to message #54239] Sun, 21 June 2020 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Didier wrote on Sun, 14 June 2020 03:19

I have to find an elegant way to mix both (I have some ideas but didn't start coding yet)

I'm sure you will find a way!

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54289 is a reply to message #54288] Sun, 21 June 2020 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Quote:
uploaded few screenshots
They look great.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54290 is a reply to message #54289] Sun, 21 June 2020 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Sun, 21 June 2020 19:52
They look great.

Thanks Koldo. Didier's work pays off.

Regards,
Pradip
Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54296 is a reply to message #54290] Mon, 22 June 2020 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Pradip,

I see you're are making good progress on you're app : looking good Thumbs Up
I suppose you used two CustomDataSource classes in you're Gantt:
- one for the jobs
- one for the links ?

I have made some cleaning up and plugged back-in all the SetXxxx methods (colors, fonts, ...) so the layout designer is parameters are working again
I mixed Chameleon and Layout params the following way:
- At création Chameleon is used in standard way and stays unmodified until a SetXxxx() method is called
- After modifying a parameter with SetXxxx() the a local copy of the style is made and the copy is modified
==> so you get Chameleon settings + local settings together Smile
There still is a bug : a small heap leak is there (the delete of local copy makes the app crash and I didn't find why for the moment)

I also did some more cleaning and did some methods renaming:
- All the GetXxxx GraphElement() are now named GetElementXxxxx()
- All the SetXTttt() are now named SetX1Ttttt() (so that the you have X1, X2, Y1, Y2, ... (and not X, X1 which was not homogenous)
X (not X1 or X2) now applies only to methods that apply to all X1, X2, ....
Its clearer this way

One good side effect of all this (I was hopping this would come around sooner or latter) : Completion works fine now on GraphCtrl Smile Smile Smile

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54297 is a reply to message #54296] Mon, 22 June 2020 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Quote:
How to alter the default margin of 3 px? The following line doesn't work:
// gantt.SetTopMargin(1).SetLeftMargin(1).SetBottomMargin(1).Se tRightMargin(1);
some text seems to spill into the margin, see in one of the uploaded images

This works (at least when modifying it thriugh the layout designer) : maybe a Refresh() is missing somewhere
Normaly the updateSizes() method recalculates all the internal sizes taking into account the margins but it is for internal use and is called by Refresh()
Question : When you resize you're app, all is recalculated so the new margin values should be taken into account : does this work for you ?

Quote:
What can be done with CustomDataSource::PaintOne? How does style work?

This work in progress, it is mearly at start point : I intend to use it to enable things like selection (draw the point with a different style : highlight for example)

[Updated on: Mon, 22 June 2020 00:44]

Re: GraphDraw/GraphCtrl [message #54298 is a reply to message #54296] Mon, 22 June 2020 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Experienced Member
Hello Didier,

Downloaded the last one and got trouble, really don't know how to fix this. GanttCtrl constructor is leading to this, please help.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6125&private=0

Regards,
Pradip

[Updated on: Tue, 23 June 2020 06:48]

Previous Topic: Anboto/Surface updated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:55:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01779 seconds