Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar
Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54234] Sat, 13 June 2020 17:25 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Do you know if it is possible to set a '+' like tab in TabBar to add tabs like in Firefox?
Example:

index.php?t=getfile&id=6111&private=0
  • Attachment: im.png
    (Size: 0.98KB, Downloaded 491 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54238 is a reply to message #54234] Sat, 13 June 2020 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
I have implemented some tricks to include it. However it is not easy to do it completely as in Firefox or other software without altering TabBar sources Sad
It would be nice if the author of TabBar could help out.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54269 is a reply to message #54238] Wed, 17 June 2020 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
With few changes and fixes, user code can allow or not the close tab button, and decide if drag and drop is allowed.
Foe example, these '+' and "New tab" special tabs are handled by simple user code, and nothing special is added in TabBar to handle them.
After additional tests, the changes will be proposed in Redmine.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6112&private=0

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54277 is a reply to message #54269] Thu, 18 June 2020 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
As Style was hardcoded in static const, a new dynamic Style handling is proposed, based in other U++ controls. This is a sample:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6115&private=0

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54278 is a reply to message #54277] Thu, 18 June 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldo,

+1 for this. I was missing something like this in TabBar.

Thank you for your efforts!

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54284 is a reply to message #54278] Fri, 19 June 2020 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Smile

Added in Redmine here.
If changes are allowed I would like to document them.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Fri, 19 June 2020 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54285 is a reply to message #54284] Fri, 19 June 2020 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldo,

Did you consider creating PR on GitHub? The code review process can be executed there.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54286 is a reply to message #54285] Fri, 19 June 2020 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Klugier wrote on Fri, 19 June 2020 21:15
Hello Koldo,

Did you consider creating PR on GitHub? The code review process can be executed there.

Sincerely,
Klugier
Sorry Klugier

I do not know what do you mean. What is PR?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54343 is a reply to message #54286] Sat, 27 June 2020 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Dear Klugier

I have found that "PR" may be pull request in GitHub.
It is possible to recognize that in the present day GitHub is very much in vogue. Even I use it, because it is a good tool.
However, in U++ the official way for submitting change proposals and issues is Redmine.
Your effort to propose GitHub is remarkable. However, without first solving the U++/GitHub integration problems that exist, doing U++ source management through GitHub not only doesn't add value, it adds extra work.
The contradictory messages, what they cause, is that in the end the reliable way to propose improvements and changes that we all use is through this Forum.
I sincerely believe that, first and foremost, the integration of U++ and GitHub, also thinking about how SVN fits into this equation, has to be solved. If a way is found that Mirek supports, I assure you that I will push, among the best, the implementation of GitHub in U++.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Include a '+' tab to add tab in TabBar [message #54489 is a reply to message #54343] Thu, 30 July 2020 12:43 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Thank you Mirek. It works.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: [Question] Can SetCapture/ReleaseCapture be used with middle mouse button?
Next Topic: [SOLVED] MouseMove events in Windows and Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:01:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02754 seconds