FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » some U++ stuff on reddit/cpp_question
Re: some U++ stuff on reddit/cpp_question [message #54743 is a reply to message #54741] Sat, 05 September 2020 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Sat, 05 September 2020 15:37
mirek wrote on Sat, 05 September 2020 10:31
mirek wrote on Tue, 01 September 2020 12:35
mirek wrote on Fri, 07 August 2020 09:26

I still believe that the best chance is to carefully disseminate articles in places that (still) allow it, like CodeProject. If I would be able to write more than single article a year, things would probably be better Smile

At least I am trying: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5268022/Getting-Started -with-Uplusplus-2020-1

Now if every U++ dev published just single article per year, we would be much better known now... (I have already fullfilled my quota this year with 2 articles Smile

https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/stats/timelin e

This spike of download come from the CodeProject article ?!

Probably. It is hard to say... But there was an article and there is the spike... Smile

Mirek
Re: some U++ stuff on reddit/cpp_question [message #54863 is a reply to message #54513] Wed, 23 September 2020 07:39 Go to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Yeah, I've noticed on those forums that you hardly ever hear about U++ and though you occasionally get a kind comment mostly they're ignored. Maybe part of the solution is to actually create and contribute to forums in these places. So called "killer apps" would also be helpful. A major part of the reason I created the discord bot library was to spur interest in U++ even though I was not a huge discord user (I don't use it at all anymore due to privacy concerns) but when I posted about it on a subreddit I thought was dedicated to bot creation, they said it was "cool" but deleted the thread and told me it was "advertising". Strange use of a word for something given away for free.

I'm not a marketing guru, so I don't know how to generate buzz around U++. Lately I had this idea of creating some sort of linux distro that used only U++ technologies based on a U++ window manager. The idea still sounds cool to me and could perhaps spur additional development of apps, but it would require significant work to get such a thing off the ground.
Previous Topic: Apple switch from Intel to Arm
Next Topic: Architectural and C++/Upp questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:11:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03558 seconds