Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Full Screen button bug (A bug when we have two monitors, on choosing the right one.)
Full Screen button bug [message #54733] Fri, 04 September 2020 12:14 Go to next message
Bugman is currently offline  Bugman
I am reading the Help Topics, in my primary monitor, and when I press the full screen button, that opened in the secondary monitor. I do the same moving the TheIDE to the secondary monitor, and I press the full screen button, and the result was to opened in the secondary monitor.
My system has a Windows 10 OS, using the menu on the secondary monitor (1280X1024) and has a primary monitor (1920X1080).

I wish to open full screen where the mouse pointer is. Also the full screen may have an option to have margins to safely show content in a TV-Monitor (which is my primary monitor).
That's all for now.
Re: Full Screen button bug [message #54761 is a reply to message #54733] Wed, 09 September 2020 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Bugman wrote on Fri, 04 September 2020 12:14
I am reading the Help Topics, in my primary monitor, and when I press the full screen button, that opened in the secondary monitor. I do the same moving the TheIDE to the secondary monitor, and I press the full screen button, and the result was to opened in the secondary monitor.
My system has a Windows 10 OS, using the menu on the secondary monitor (1280X1024) and has a primary monitor (1920X1080).

I wish to open full screen where the mouse pointer is. Also the full screen may have an option to have margins to safely show content in a TV-Monitor (which is my primary monitor).
That's all for now.

I have just tried...

By "full screen button" you mean action similar to double-clicking the caption? That I was not able to reproduce - window opens in its monitor. And we do not even have any Win32 API control over that...

However, I can see that if you have theide in secondary screen and open help as window (using toolbar button with question mark in the window), it opens in primary screen. Is that the problem?

Mirek
Re: Full Screen button bug [message #54762 is a reply to message #54761] Wed, 09 September 2020 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman is currently offline  Bugman
1. At the panel Help Topics, at the toolbar in the panel, there is an icon which display info:Display on full screen.
2. Api for this:
A copy from https://github.com/M2000Interpreter/Version9/blob/master/mon itor.bas

Private Declare Function EnumDisplayMonitors Lib "user32" (ByVal hDC As Long, lprcClip As Any, ByVal lpfnEnum As Long, dwData As Any) As Long
Public Declare Function MonitorFromPoint Lib "user32" (ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function MonitorFromWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function GetMonitorInfo Lib "user32" Alias "GetMonitorInfoA" (ByVal hmonitor As Long, ByRef lpmi As MONITORINFO) As Long
Private Declare Function GetWindowRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As RECT) As Long
Private Declare Function UnionRect Lib "user32" (lprcDst As RECT, lprcSrc1 As RECT, lprcSrc2 As RECT) As Long
Private Declare Function OffsetRect Lib "user32" (lpRect As RECT, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function MoveWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal bRepaint As Long) As Long
Re: Full Screen button bug [message #54763 is a reply to message #54762] Wed, 09 September 2020 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Ah, this one! That one is easy to fix...

Mirek
Re: Full Screen button bug [message #54765 is a reply to message #54763] Wed, 09 September 2020 13:59 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Hopefully fixed in trunk.

Mirek
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Skipping package building/linking when certain configuration is on
Next Topic: [solved]TheIde will quit unexpectedly when debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:22:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00958 seconds