Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » C# - dotNet conversion (My "simple" invoices application)
C# - dotNet conversion [message #54794] Wed, 16 September 2020 20:03 Go to next message
jimlef is currently offline  jimlef
Just found this amazing project. I wish I had found it sooner LOL
I've written this application that helps me manage my invoices and purchases, but it's c#... using sqlite and a migradoc/pdfsharp.

I would Love to be able to port it over to U++, as I'm now running on a linux kernel full time and would like a native app.

I'm attaching a screen shot of my program, any help / pointers etc in getting started here would be appreciated (I haven't found a fitting multi-window example yet). The menu window is the main window, with child windows for each feature.

Thanks for the advice Smile

Jim
  • Attachment: sample.png
    (Size: 247.79KB, Downloaded 165 times)
Re: C# - dotNet conversion [message #54795 is a reply to message #54794] Wed, 16 September 2020 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello jimlef,

And welcome to U++ forums.

Quote:
The menu window is the main window, with child windows for each feature.

I have attached a multiwindow (non-modal) GUI example which covers the basics for what you describe above (menu, child windows for each feature, general key handling).

Just open the zipped package and put it into your U++ working directory.

As to your project, unless you use some specific library, the conversion should be straightforward (possibly even simpler than the C# version. Smile )

If you have any more questions let us know Smile

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2020 22:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C# - dotNet conversion [message #54796 is a reply to message #54794] Wed, 16 September 2020 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Oblivion - that is Exactly what I needed... Now for some fun Smile
Re: C# - dotNet conversion [message #54797 is a reply to message #54794] Thu, 17 September 2020 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just begun recreating my application using Ultimate++... I have a ways to go, but I have the structure worked out I believe. I will include a screenshot here, and will gladly upload source when it is more complete.

Thank you again for the help Smile
Re: C# - dotNet conversion [message #54798 is a reply to message #54797] Thu, 17 September 2020 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Excellent

I advise you to begin doing a rather complete version of just a bit of your application to allow us give you better/faster/sooner feedback.
This way you will later simply include the new tested features to all the rest of your application.

Best regards
IƱaki
icon14.gif  Re: C# - dotNet conversion [message #54815 is a reply to message #54794] Thu, 17 September 2020 20:21 Go to previous message
That is my plan actually, for example getting the sqlite access for my customer module and attaching that table to the array grid...
Work in Progress
Previous Topic: Compiling TheIDE ; duplicate symbol: imaxabs/strncasecmp....
Next Topic: VectorMap Get() on Unknow value return 23
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:50:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01112 seconds