Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app
My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54896] Sat, 26 September 2020 07:23 Go to next message
jimlef is currently offline  jimlef
I've gotten quite a bit of tips and help so far from the forums, especially Mirek, Oblivion, Koldo and Klugier.

If this code helps anyone else (even as examples of what not to do LOL) even better Smile

Jim

Edit, removing the attached zip file, github has much more up-to-date info...
Feature list includes:

Menus using lambdas
    Sqlite access with multiple tables
    Adding, Editing and deleting items in a table
    Application configuration using JSON

Have a look Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 14 October 2020 18:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54958 is a reply to message #54896] Thu, 01 October 2020 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An updated version, I can now add and edit invoices, line items, products (for COGS) and customers. I can not yet create pdf's with Tables,
but I see a path forward with that may involve QTF. And I'm still working out configuration issues LOL. Thank you all for all the help Smile

Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54961 is a reply to message #54958] Thu, 01 October 2020 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Why do not create GitHub repo and store the code here with public access? In the README.md you could mentioned U++ with appropriate links Wink

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 October 2020 23:37]

Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54962 is a reply to message #54896] Fri, 02 October 2020 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something like this, perhaps?

https://github.com/phoenixjim/Invoices
Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54963 is a reply to message #54958] Fri, 02 October 2020 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
You can think of using for PDF with tables

RepGen from bazaar
Report from uppsrc

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #54971 is a reply to message #54896] Fri, 02 October 2020 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

deep
You can think of using for PDF with tables

RepGen from bazaar
Report from uppsrc

That does look promising, Thank you!
Re: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app [message #55059 is a reply to message #54896] Wed, 07 October 2020 19:06 Go to previous message
Ok, thanks to the great resources here I now have a program I can use! Check my github if you are interested.
QTF is used for simple reports and invoices (I'm sure there is room for some simplification in the latter case...). Printing and PDF generation supplied by U++ Smile
SQLite3 for the data storage... Can Add/edit (and delete where appropriate).
Configuration settings aren't yet fully implemented but the config file is generated and can be hand-edited for now.

More tweaking on the way, adding a few minor functions, removing unneeded leftovers from the old c# version, and of course finalizing persistent config settings.

BTW, for comparison, the C# app had over 9400 lines of code (including auto generated). The Ultimate++ version? 2244 Smile

Thank you all!
Edit: I've added in the functions I need, cleaned up a lot and now it ways in at ... 2401 lines per theide statistics. Basically 1/4 the size, and fully portable (I'm cleaning up the few lines with / assumptions now).
Ultimate++ is Most impressive Smile

Edit2: ... Ok, U++ already took care of that (OS path issues) for me LOL

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2020 22:31]

Previous Topic: It's incredibly simple to initialize an U++ Vector
Next Topic: Compare and contrast - wxPython vs Ultimate++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:42:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01674 seconds