Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Encoding URL for HttpRequest
Encoding URL for HttpRequest [message #54905] Mon, 28 September 2020 13:57 Go to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
I've been using HttpRequest to download some xml file from a web application. The URL is generated using user input to retrieve specific data. User input can include white spaces and special characters, and those are valid (they are a product code that will be embedded in the URL). The problem is that HttpRequest fails if in retrieving data if the URL include e.g. white spaces, because they should be converted to %20. Does exist in UPP a system to properly encode URLs?
Thanks!
gio
Re: Encoding URL for HttpRequest [message #54909 is a reply to message #54905] Mon, 28 September 2020 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
UrlEncode

Mirek
Re: Encoding URL for HttpRequest [message #54910 is a reply to message #54909] Mon, 28 September 2020 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
P.S.: Also check HttpRequest& HttpRequest::UrlVar(const char *id, const String& data)...
Re: Encoding URL for HttpRequest [message #54911 is a reply to message #54909] Mon, 28 September 2020 15:15 Go to previous message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Thanks! I don't know how could I have missed it...
Previous Topic: How do I create a loop for a window to react to volatile changes to a global variable?
Next Topic: httpRequests in secondary non-gui-main Thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:54:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01395 seconds