Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » console output in TheIDE
console output in TheIDE [message #54973] Fri, 02 October 2020 15:51 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
I often have to work on a laptop, which mean no dual screen. When I'm debugging using console I have to swap between windows using Alt + Tab in order to show TheIDE and move by step and to show the console output, that's why I wonder if it would be possible to implement a console output in TheIDE (by example when running in debug mode). What you think about this idea ?
Re: console output in TheIDE [message #54974 is a reply to message #54973] Fri, 02 October 2020 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
debug -> run options -> Standard output "console"?

Should produce output to the sub-window in TheIDE. (IIRC it has problems in case you use also `stdin`, but in case you don't need it interactive or you can redirect fixed inputs from file, it works well for me, at least in older U++ ... haven't tried latest release yet)
Re: console output in TheIDE [message #54975 is a reply to message #54974] Fri, 02 October 2020 20:14 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello mr_ped,

I have give a try to debug -> run options -> Standard output "console"?
however, I don't see any of my Cout() in TheIDE.

Quote:
but in case you don't need it interactive or you can redirect fixed inputs from file, it works well for me, at least in older U++ ... haven't tried latest release yet

I'm guessing I need to setup the redirection to theIDE subwindow but I don't have found any option allowing me to do that.
Previous Topic: First view is too complicated?
Next Topic: Where / how to change default output directory for theide?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:56:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01821 seconds