Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » include paths + library support
include paths + library support [message #54990] Sun, 04 October 2020 03:27 Go to next message
umem is currently offline  umem
Promising Member
in ultimate++ , theide, how to add path to the tutorial folder. My compilation fails and have to include the full path in the source like <c:\...\tutorial\...> instead of <tutorial\...> which is not recognized by the build.

Another thing is that, is it possible to link the GUI to my c/c++ library.

Re: include paths + library support [message #54999 is a reply to message #54990] Sun, 04 October 2020 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am not at all sure what you are trying to do. Maybe post some screenshot? Smile

Mirek
Re: include paths + library support [message #55013 is a reply to message #54999] Sun, 04 October 2020 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I am new to this ide and learning it. I am using the windows version. The tutorial which resides in the upp directory is not detected by the ide.
#include <tutorial\demoproj>
I have to pass the full path instead:
#include <c:\mydir\upp\tutorial\demoproj> .

Also, is it possible to link a main program to library for function calls?.
Re: include paths + library support [message #55018 is a reply to message #55013] Mon, 05 October 2020 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
umem wrote on Sun, 04 October 2020 23:52
I am new to this ide and learning it. I am using the windows version. The tutorial which resides in the upp directory is not detected by the ide.
#include <tutorial\demoproj>
I have to pass the full path instead:
#include <c:\mydir\upp\tutorial\demoproj> .

Also, is it possible to link a main program to library for function calls?.

The part I do not understand is why on earth do you want to #include anything from tutorial?

I mean, my first guess is that you are trying to start the new project and you decided to put some files manually into tutorial folder?

Normal workflow ready for new users is "select MyApps at the start, click "New package" and choose the template (e.g. "U++ application with the main window").

Anyway, if you want to go deeper, you will have to read this (and that should also explain the library issue):

https://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$PackagesAssembliesAndNest s$en-us.html

Mirek
Re: include paths + library support [message #55019 is a reply to message #55013] Mon, 05 October 2020 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, I guess I have avoided a directly reply, which exists:

If you want to include things from tutorial folder without full path you can do it in 2 ways

- either put path to tutorial into your assembly. All nests are automatically added to include path. Right click left pane on Select main package initial dialog, then edit the assembly list (you can use ".." button on the right).

- or add that path in Setup / Build methods

But in any case, wanting to include something from tutorial is weird idea to start with... Smile

Mirek
Re: include paths + library support [message #55143 is a reply to message #55019] Wed, 14 October 2020 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
the online tutorial code has #include <tutorial\...> included in their main.cpp examples.
Your explanation was helpful.
Re: include paths + library support [message #55146 is a reply to message #55143] Wed, 14 October 2020 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Out of curiosity, where have you seen #include <tutorial/..>?

Mirek
Re: include paths + library support [message #55147 is a reply to message #55146] Wed, 14 October 2020 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

In the GUI tutorials we had something like this:
#define IMAGECLASS TutorialImg
#define IMAGEFILE <Tutorial/images.iml>
#include <Draw/iml.h>

The issue was solved on trunk. And looks like this (for different tutorials number was changed):
#define IMAGEFILE <Gui11/images.iml>
#include <Draw/iml.h>

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 October 2020 10:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: include paths + library support [message #55148 is a reply to message #55147] Wed, 14 October 2020 10:49 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Wed, 14 October 2020 10:33
Hello,

In the GUI tutorials we had something like this:
#define IMAGEFILE <Tutorial/images.iml>
#include <Draw/iml.h>

The issue was solved on trunk. And looks like this (for different tutorials number was changed):
#define IMAGEFILE <Gui11/images.iml>
#include <Draw/iml.h>

Klugier

I see. Thanks. I missed that because I was searching for #include...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Where / how to change default output directory for theide?
Next Topic: Where is FileProperties option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:47:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01339 seconds