Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » What's your definition of clean code ?
What's your definition of clean code ? [message #55381] Wed, 04 November 2020 20:08 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
I have started to read the Clean code book by Robert C Martin ( https://www.amazon.fr/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsman ship/dp/0132350882)

In the introduction of this book, the author present definition of "clean code" from view point of Multiple well known programmer :
-Bjarne Stroustrup
-Grady Booch
-Dave Thomas
-Mochael Feathers
-Ron Jeffries
-Ward Cunningham
(of course, all definition tend to cross each other in some point)

So, here come my post, I'm really interested in knowing the clean code definition of people who have made Upp (I want to know your point of view Mirek !)
It would be really interesting if you people all share your definition of clean code ! Also , what would be the most important advise you would give to someone who want to write a better/clean code ? Smile

Thanks for your participation
Best regard
Re: What's your definition of clean code ? [message #55385 is a reply to message #55381] Wed, 04 November 2020 21:26 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Wed, 04 November 2020 20:08
I have started to read the Clean code book by Robert C Martin ( https://www.amazon.fr/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsman ship/dp/0132350882)

In the introduction of this book, the author present definition of "clean code" from view point of Multiple well known programmer :
-Bjarne Stroustrup
-Grady Booch
-Dave Thomas
-Mochael Feathers
-Ron Jeffries
-Ward Cunningham
(of course, all definition tend to cross each other in some point)

So, here come my post, I'm really interested in knowing the clean code definition of people who have made Upp (I want to know your point of view Mirek !)
It would be really interesting if you people all share your definition of clean code ! Also , what would be the most important advise you would give to someone who want to write a better/clean code ? Smile

Thanks for your participation
Best regard

No ducktape Smile
Previous Topic: Sins of the past: The very first link to UPP website in the official arstechnica article
Next Topic: My little project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:30:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01753 seconds