Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55479 is a reply to message #55476] Sat, 14 November 2020 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 08:46
I am finished for now. Please check.

Compilation with Mac and Clang-MinGW is broken.
./umk uppsrc ide CLANG -bu
/home/buildbot/worker/mingw-upp/build/uppsrc/Core/SSL/SSL.h:3:10: fatal error: 'openssl/ssl.h' file not found
#include <openssl/ssl.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2020 17:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55480 is a reply to message #55479] Sat, 14 November 2020 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 17:09
mirek wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 08:46
I am finished for now. Please check.

Compilation with Mac and Clang-MinGW is broken.
./umk uppsrc ide CLANG -bu
/home/buildbot/worker/mingw-upp/build/uppsrc/Core/SSL/SSL.h:3:10: fatal error: 'openssl/ssl.h' file not found
#include <openssl/ssl.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

Not sure what Clang-MinGW is. With LLVM-MinGW as supplied with Win32 version and with all libraries, it works.

MacOS builds too. You need openssl installed. Which I agree is a bummer, but I do not see any other way. Alternative is not to have favicons loading in MacOS, but then the need for openssl will probably hit us later anyway (e.g. with uppiverse). So I am afraid we will have it as prerequisite from now on Sad

Mirek

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2020 19:08]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55482 is a reply to message #55480] Sat, 14 November 2020 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to add that I observe following problem:
- When the list is empty all buttons are enable. They should be disable

I just wonder if we could integrate the buttons with the array, I think the would look better. And why they are placed from right to left and not from right to left like toolbar Smile

Restart to defaults would be handy option If someone mess there. For example I was on the previous version and when updating to current default engines are not there. This is true for all settings!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2020 20:49]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55484 is a reply to message #55482] Sun, 15 November 2020 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 20:39
Hello,

Absolutely.

Quote:

I just wonder if we could integrate the buttons with the array, I think the would look better. And why they are placed from right to left and not from right to left like toolbar Smile

I wanted the same design as in nest manager. Actualy, I copied button layout from there...

Anyway, I believe button really look better placed from right to left. I have not seen a dialog that would have it otherwise.

Quote:

Restart to defaults would be handy option If someone mess there. For example I was on the previous version and when updating to current default engines are not there. This is true for all settings!

It is there, just only in the context menu.

Mirek

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2020 00:09]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55486 is a reply to message #55482] Sun, 15 November 2020 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 20:39
Hello,

Fixed. Sorry, just forgot about it...

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55493 is a reply to message #55480] Sun, 15 November 2020 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 14 November 2020 12:48
You need openssl installed.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot that my build automation system for Mac and Windows didn't have openssh dev-packages installed.

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55515 is a reply to message #55480] Wed, 18 November 2020 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

MacOS builds too. You need openssl installed. Which I agree is a bummer, but I do not see any other way. Alternative is not to have favicons loading in MacOS, but then the need for openssl will probably hit us later anyway (e.g. with uppiverse). So I am afraid we will have it as prerequisite from now on Sad

I've installed OpenSSL on Mac, but I'm getting this linking error:
./umk reference SignPDF CLANG -bus

Linking...
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Upp::GetAllFacesSys()", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::FaceList() in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetFontDataSys(Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::GetData() const in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetFontInfoSys(Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::GetFontInfo(Upp::Font) in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetGlyphInfoSys(Upp::Font, int)", referenced from:
      Upp::IsNormal(Upp::Font, int) in Draw$blitz.o
      Upp::GetGlyphEntry(Upp::Font, int, unsigned long long) in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::RenderCharacterSys(Upp::FontGlyphConsumer&, double, double, int, Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::Render(Upp::FontGlyphConsumer&, double, double, int) const in Draw$blitz.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55516 is a reply to message #55515] Wed, 18 November 2020 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Wed, 18 November 2020 21:36

I've installed OpenSSL on Mac, but I'm getting this linking error:
./umk reference SignPDF CLANG -bus

Linking...
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Upp::GetAllFacesSys()", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::FaceList() in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetFontDataSys(Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::GetData() const in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetFontInfoSys(Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::GetFontInfo(Upp::Font) in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::GetGlyphInfoSys(Upp::Font, int)", referenced from:
      Upp::IsNormal(Upp::Font, int) in Draw$blitz.o
      Upp::GetGlyphEntry(Upp::Font, int, unsigned long long) in Draw$blitz.o
  "Upp::RenderCharacterSys(Upp::FontGlyphConsumer&, double, double, int, Upp::Font)", referenced from:
      Upp::Font::Render(Upp::FontGlyphConsumer&, double, double, int) const in Draw$blitz.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

Well, I am actually starting to think it might be better to disable this on macos...
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55517 is a reply to message #55516] Wed, 18 November 2020 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Wed, 18 November 2020 16:00

Well, I am actually starting to think it might be better to disable this on macos...

Disable testing of SignPDF on Mac, or disable OpenSSL on Mac completely?

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55518 is a reply to message #55517] Thu, 19 November 2020 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Actually, SignPDF is the only app having problem with compilation on Mac.
IMHO, it makes sense to fix it.

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55537 is a reply to message #55518] Fri, 20 November 2020 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Thu, 19 November 2020 05:22

Should be now fixed.
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55538 is a reply to message #55537] Fri, 20 November 2020 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 20 November 2020 08:23

Should be now fixed.

./umk uppsrc umk CLANG -bus

duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetAllFacesSysEv in:
    /Users/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/m-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/umk/CLANG.Debug.Debug_Full.Main.Shared/umk$blitz.o
    /Users/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/m-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/Draw/CLANG.Debug.Debug_Full.Shared/FontCoco.o
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp15GetGlyphInfoSysENS_4FontEi in:
    /Users/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/m-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/umk/CLANG.Debug.Debug_Full.Main.Shared/umk$blitz.o
    /Users/ssg/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/m-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/Draw/CLANG.Debug.Debug_Full.Shared/FontCoco.o
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp18RenderCharacterSysERNS_17FontGlyphConsumerEddiNS_4FontE in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetFontInfoSysENS_4FontE in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetFontDataSysENS_4FontE in:
ld: 5 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55539 is a reply to message #55538] Fri, 20 November 2020 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Fri, 20 November 2020 14:47
mirek wrote on Fri, 20 November 2020 08:23

Should be now fixed.

./umk uppsrc umk CLANG -bus

duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetAllFacesSysEv in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp15GetGlyphInfoSysENS_4FontEi in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp18RenderCharacterSysERNS_17FontGlyphConsumerEddiNS_4FontE in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetFontInfoSysENS_4FontE in:
duplicate symbol __ZN3Upp14GetFontDataSysENS_4FontE in:
ld: 5 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64

Fix one break another? Smile

Mirek
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55540 is a reply to message #55539] Fri, 20 November 2020 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hopefully fixed. (Actually, fixed by removing the previous fix for macos Smile
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55541 is a reply to message #55540] Fri, 20 November 2020 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 20 November 2020 09:09
Hopefully fixed. (Actually, fixed by removing the previous fix for macos Smile

Everything is fine now, including SignPDF. Smile
Thanks!

Regards,
Novo
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55620 is a reply to message #55394] Tue, 24 November 2020 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

The default Google entry does not work on Linux:

It should be:

{ "Google", "https://www.google.com/search?q=%s" },
             -----                  ------

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #55622 is a reply to message #55620] Tue, 24 November 2020 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks, fixed.
Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #56506 is a reply to message #55622] Fri, 19 March 2021 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

A small cosmetics issue: the "Move down" item of the online search providers list context menu has the wrong icon.

https://github.com/ultimatepp/ultimatepp/blob/6eec1d97948106 4d31616125769f5a5b06fc9a81/uppsrc/ide/OnlineSearch.cpp#L89

bar.Add(b, "Move down", IdeImg::arrow_up(), [=] { list.SwapDown(); Sync(); }).Key(K_CTRL_DOWN);
                                ----------
                                   ^^^

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2021 20:35]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #56524 is a reply to message #56506] Sun, 21 March 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Oblivion,

The fix is on the trunk. Should be available on tomorrows nightly.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 March 2021 13:32]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Configurable web search menu for TheIDE [message #56534 is a reply to message #56524] Mon, 22 March 2021 11:06 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
Quote:
Hello Oblivion,

The fix is on the trunk. Should be available on tomorrows nightly.

Thanks, it is fixed.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Previous Topic: Displaying screenshots in Readme (UppHub)
Next Topic: Import external library - Include files depending on OS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:16:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01562 seconds