Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Debug No Longer Works (I am no longer able to launch a project from Debug)
Debug No Longer Works [message #55554] Sat, 21 November 2020 22:49 Go to next message
steveo is currently offline  steveo
Promising Member
Hi,

I started a project and when I first started the project I was able to use the Debug menu to either Run or Debug my project. Somewhere along the way that stopped working and I don't understand why. I am still able to launch the build from the command line but the Debug->Run and Debug->Debug menu items no longer launch the project even though they did at one point.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this.
Re: Debug No Longer Works [message #55557 is a reply to message #55554] Sat, 21 November 2020 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Can you provide more details - about your operating system and upp version you have used? If this is Windows do you use Visual Studio for debugging purpose or you use default toolchain. Do some error message display on the screen while launching debugger? Also, in the help menu there is an option "View application log file" - can you post it when debugger fails to launch.

Few years ago we had a problem that some garbage Visual Studio process was spawn and blocked the execution of debugger. However, these problems were fixed. If nothing helps please restart your computer or at least TheIDE.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Debug No Longer Works [message #55563 is a reply to message #55557] Sun, 22 November 2020 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
So I am running on Ubuntu 20.04. I am using the same GCC toolchain. Like I said when I first used the app my project would start the debugger and execute. Somewhere along the way that stopped happening.

This is all that shows in the application log file:
* /home/steve/IDE/upp/theide 21.11.2020 18:33:05, user: steve

18:33:05:655 INFO GuiMainFn_(): Version: 15400 (64 bit) (GCC) (C++14) (Gtk) Compiled: 11/15/2020 13:06:17

There is a little lightning bold Icon over the tray icon and the debugger shows options for stopping debugging.

Like I said when I go to execute the binary directly it runs.
Re: Debug No Longer Works [message #55564 is a reply to message #55563] Sun, 22 November 2020 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Ok so playing around with it more, setting the working dir in the Run options seems to have fixed the problem. Now if I could only figure out how to get the layout view to go back to widget edit mode when buttons accidentally and mysteriously set it to text mode I would be a happy camper. I have to shut down the IDE in order to get back to where I can actually edit the layouts.
Re: Debug No Longer Works [message #55565 is a reply to message #55564] Sun, 22 November 2020 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Gald it works! In order to return to designer mode please open FAQ and read answer to "File with layout (.lay) or image list (.iml) switched to the text format. How do I switch it back?" question.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 November 2020 04:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debug No Longer Works [message #55786 is a reply to message #55565] Sun, 13 December 2020 21:40 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Well now the debugger launches, and if I set a break point it locks up the entire Ubuntu Desktop. The only thing that works while an Ultimate++ app is open in the debugger is the CTRL+TAB function. If I have a terminal open I can CTRL+TAB to the terminal find the process being debugged and kill it on the command line. But what I can't do is step through code that is stopped at a breakpoints because the application or the modal dialog seems to be capturing all events.
Previous Topic: mask Formatter ("##/##/####")
Next Topic: Newbie question - calendar view question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:14:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01001 seconds