Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Problem with specific HW configuration
Problem with specific HW configuration [message #55734] Fri, 04 December 2020 12:32 Go to next message
aquilarubra is currently offline  aquilarubra
Promising Member
Hi Mirek, was this solved? I tried now with the latest build and I don't get the LOG file with the line "TIMING DarkTheme" any longer. But it just doesn't work.

When I try to write from code inside a control, it hangs. I can get nothing written on controls.

Windows 10 v1909
GPU: Intel UHD graphics 620 8 Gb
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55737 is a reply to message #55734] Fri, 04 December 2020 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I know. But despite I don't get the warning any longer, it still seems an issue with acceleration. The person uses 3 monitors connected to an external docking station. It seems not working only with his hardware configuration. I don't know what else I could do or how to debug.
Other colleagues, also with 3 monitors, have a different docking station (the laptop fits in it) and it works.
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55738 is a reply to message #55737] Sat, 05 December 2020 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
aquilarubra wrote on Fri, 04 December 2020 23:52
I know. But despite I don't get the warning any longer, it still seems an issue with acceleration. The person uses 3 monitors connected to an external docking station. It seems not working only with his hardware configuration. I don't know what else I could do or how to debug.
Other colleagues, also with 3 monitors, have a different docking station (the laptop fits in it) and it works.

Ah, but that is entirely different situation! (Unrelated to april post).

Before I start asking about specifics, have you tested with e.g. theide or uword?

Mirek
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55753 is a reply to message #55738] Mon, 07 December 2020 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Ok, I compiled the program on the user's computer with Theide. I use a richtext control.

I found that it works correctly. Only, he is using a dark theme and the color of the text is white on a white background of the richtext control. So, he sees nothing (all white).

Shouldn't the richtext react properly where there is a dark theme?
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55832 is a reply to message #55753] Fri, 18 December 2020 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
aquilarubra wrote on Mon, 07 December 2020 09:41
Ok, I compiled the program on the user's computer with Theide. I use a richtext control.

I found that it works correctly. Only, he is using a dark theme and the color of the text is white on a white background of the richtext control. So, he sees nothing (all white).

Shouldn't the richtext react properly where there is a dark theme?

Hey, I meant: Does theide work on that computer? If RichEdit is a problem, you can test e.g. with some U++ documentation inside theide. Or you can test with examples/UWord.

If yes, I would first look into your code whether there is a possible problem (I can help with that).

Mirek
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55835 is a reply to message #55832] Sat, 19 December 2020 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Sorry for late reply. Yes, the IDE is working on that computer. Just the richtext does not change its background color when in dark mode. I just checked for dark mode and set it from code and all was fine.
The richtext control changes the text color (in my case, black to white) in dark mode automatically, but not the background, which stays white. Therefore, you don't see the text. Just that.
Re: Can you test this is in Win32? [message #55836 is a reply to message #55835] Sat, 19 December 2020 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
aquilarubra wrote on Sat, 19 December 2020 08:44
Sorry for late reply. Yes, the IDE is working on that computer. Just the richtext does not change its background color when in dark mode. I just checked for dark mode and set it from code and all was fine.
The richtext control changes the text color (in my case, black to white) in dark mode automatically, but not the background, which stays white. Therefore, you don't see the text. Just that.

This is worth investigation. Do you think you could try to provide a testcase? (Simple minimal example (as package) that demontrates the problem?)

Mirek

Re: Problem with specific HW configuration [message #55867 is a reply to message #55734] Thu, 24 December 2020 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I attach my application (quite basic) with logic removed.
The richtext contains a "Hello world" that with dark mode has white background and white text, so you don't see it.
  • Attachment: Referti.zip
    (Size: 3.38KB, Downloaded 105 times)
Re: Problem with specific HW configuration [message #55869 is a reply to message #55867] Thu, 24 December 2020 15:28 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
I see. Please change:

Referti::Referti()
{
	CtrlLayout(*this, "Referti");
	MinimizeBox();
	Icon(RefertiImg::Small());
	reset ^= THISFN(ResetWidgets);
	cerca ^= THISFN(Cerca);
	copiaCF ^= THISFN(CopiaCF);
	incollaCF ^= THISFN(IncollaCF);
	copiaPrenotazione ^= THISFN(CopiaPrenotazione);
	incollaPrenotazione ^= THISFN(IncollaPrenotazione);
	copiaRisultato ^= THISFN(CopiaRisultato);
	risultato.Transparent(true);
	rect.Color(SWhite); /// <=================================== Use SWhite instead of White
	risultato = "Hello World!";
}

Explanation: As RichTextCtrl is meant to display texts in GUI context, it adjusts all colors according to mode (Dark/White). So Black actually becomes White.

Colors with S prefix as similary adjusted as well.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Can I make round form
Next Topic: K_CTRL_SEMICOLON and K_CTRL_PERIOD keys share the same constant value on Win32
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:36:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01356 seconds