Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub)
Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55957] Wed, 06 January 2021 21:03 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I see one problem with the changed mechanism related to package selection in package manager. Right now each package downloaded from "UbbHub" add additional entries to the drop box in which user can specify which packages should be displayed. With two packaged downloaded form UppHub I have 12 entries. Example below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6330&private=0

Let's imagine if I will have 20 or more packages. It will be addition 36 entries, which will make the DropList very hard to use.

My question here - can we simplify it by adding UppHub assembly instead of creating separate one for each package? Also, if I mess something I don't know which option is the default one - similar to the good old "Main packages of first nest".

Klugier
  • Attachment: Packages.png
    (Size: 30.00KB, Downloaded 465 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 January 2021 21:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55958 is a reply to message #55957] Wed, 06 January 2021 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Klugier,

There seems to be another problem, probably a regression, related to this new feature: Assemblies are not refreshed when switched:

Can you check this to reproduce:

1) Open TheIDE, open any project (e.g reference/AK).
2) In TheIDE, from the File menu, select Open Main Package
3) Select another assembly (e.g bazaar)

Result: The package list is not refreshed.
Expected result: The package list is refreshed.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55959 is a reply to message #55958] Wed, 06 January 2021 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Oblivion,

I manage to reproduce scenario you have mentioned. This is probably one of the root cause why I wrote my previous message in this thread Wink

Klugier

[Updated on: Wed, 06 January 2021 22:26]

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55972 is a reply to message #55957] Thu, 07 January 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Wed, 06 January 2021 21:03
Hello,

I see one problem with the changed mechanism related to package selection in package manager. Right now each package downloaded from "UbbHub" add additional entries to the drop box in which user can specify which packages should be displayed. With two packaged downloaded form UppHub I have 12 entries. Example below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6330&private=0

Let's imagine if I will have 20 or more packages. It will be addition 36 entries, which will make the DropList very hard to use.

My question here - can we simplify it by adding UppHub assembly instead of creating separate one for each package? Also, if I mess something I don't know which option is the default one - similar to the good old "Main packages of first nest".

Klugier

OK, that will probably be better... I will rethink this.

Mirek
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55975 is a reply to message #55972] Fri, 08 January 2021 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Better now?
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55976 is a reply to message #55975] Fri, 08 January 2021 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It is better, however the bug mentioned by Oblivion and Xemuth in other thread is still reproducible.

Klugier

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55980 is a reply to message #55976] Fri, 08 January 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
That was hopefully fixed in commit 1 hour later...
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55982 is a reply to message #55980] Fri, 08 January 2021 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I can confirm that this issue is resolved.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #55997 is a reply to message #55982] Sun, 10 January 2021 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

One thing that should be improved there is what is displayed when user clicks "Add package to ...". It should display all non main available packages, because in most cases you would like to add non main package. Display all main packages from the first assembly looks strange. UppHub packages should also be present.

Klugier

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #56013 is a reply to message #55997] Thu, 14 January 2021 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sun, 10 January 2021 18:15
Hello,

One thing that should be improved there is what is displayed when user clicks "Add package to ...". It should display all non main available packages, because in most cases you would like to add non main package. Display all main packages from the first assembly looks strange. UppHub packages should also be present.

Klugier

It starts with All packages...

The reason why it does not filter out main packages is that quite often the package has both main package flags for testing, but is meant to be used as non-main.
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #56015 is a reply to message #56013] Thu, 14 January 2021 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

For me it starts with "Main packages of uppsrc" when I click on "Add new package" for TheIDE. Not "All packages" as you suggest.

Maybe this is problem with caching causes by frequent updates of TheIDE, but it is definitly worth checking that we have expected behavior there.

What I would like to add is that examples/Skylar* packages looks strange in "Add package to ...". Maybe we should tell TheIDE that they are only exmpleray packages and the should be added to regular project. Screenshot below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6335&private=0

For me it is redundant noise.

Klugier

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2021 13:51]

Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #56019 is a reply to message #56015] Thu, 14 January 2021 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 13:33
Hello Mirek,

For me it starts with "Main packages of uppsrc" when I click on "Add new package" for TheIDE. Not "All packages" as you suggest.

Probably testing different things. I am testing:

In package list, click "Add package to..."

Mirek
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #56020 is a reply to message #56019] Thu, 14 January 2021 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
You are right, it was frequent changes to blame.

What about now?
Re: Selecting which packages should be displayed might be confusing (UppHub) [message #56022 is a reply to message #56020] Thu, 14 January 2021 18:01 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Works like a charm Smile I like the addition of "Show all non-main packages".

Klugier

Previous Topic: [BUG] QTF designer crashes TheIDE
Next Topic: TheIDE is not respecting the sandbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:56:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01360 seconds