Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub
Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55966] Thu, 07 January 2021 18:10 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No Message Body
Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55967 is a reply to message #55966] Thu, 07 January 2021 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

What with tutorials we have this one big section on the website. How do you want to provide this documentation via UppHub? Should we remove it from there completely?

I thought that UppHub was designed to move stuff from bazaar not uppsrc. Please noticed, that the Skylar projects will do not compile with newest version of upp until you download it from UppHub. We shouldn't break people build without any warning. The same is true. The game I wrote 5 years ago based on Turtle and now this version will not compile out of the box.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2021 18:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55970 is a reply to message #55967] Thu, 07 January 2021 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Thu, 07 January 2021 18:26
Hello Mirek,

What with tutorials we have this one big section on the website. How do you want to provide this documentation via UppHub? Should we remove it from there completely?

I thought that UppHub was designed to move stuff from bazaar not uppsrc. Please noticed, that the Skylar projects will do not compile with newest version of upp until you download it from UppHub. We shouldn't break people build without any warning. The same is true. The game I wrote 5 years ago based on Turtle and now this version will not compile out of the box.

Klugier

I know. Yes, I think it should be removed / moved to github.
Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55973 is a reply to message #55970] Thu, 07 January 2021 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

What about moving Turtle and Skylark under ultimatepp organization instead of mirek-fidler? I think they DNA are closer related to the organization than your account Wink They were part of the uppsrc for the long time.

Do you think it will be possible to append documentation of selected repositories (these under ultimatepp organization) to display their documentation on the website? I think thanks to that we will still have access to the Skylark tutorial on the website and the link will not be dead.

Also, please noticed that our documentation can not be read directly on the GitHub, so keeping the documentation available for the repositories with the long documentation tradition is important.

Klugier

Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55974 is a reply to message #55973] Fri, 08 January 2021 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Thu, 07 January 2021 21:53
Hello Mirek,

What about moving Turtle and Skylark under ultimatepp organization instead of mirek-fidler? I think they DNA are closer related to the organization than your account Wink They were part of the uppsrc for the long time.

Is that a good step? The whole purpose of UppHub was to decentralize....

Quote:

Do you think it will be possible to append documentation of selected repositories (these under ultimatepp organization) to display their documentation on the website? I think thanks to that we will still have access to the Skylark tutorial on the website and the link will not be dead.

Not sure about that. I think rather not.

Quote:

Also, please noticed that our documentation can not be read directly on the GitHub

Why?

Mirek
Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55977 is a reply to message #55974] Fri, 08 January 2021 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

OK, I will remove the Skylar tutorial link on our website. We don't want dead links at all.

You didn't answer to one of my question. What about moving Turtle and Skylark from mirek-fidler into ultimatepp organization? As I wrote previously they are more connected with the organization.

Quote:

Also, please noticed that our documentation can not be read directly on the GitHub
Why?

Because, the documentation is QTF and GitHub operates on .md files. So, yes you have access to the file, but QTF is not the format that is easily readable in the plain text form.

Klugier

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2021 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55978 is a reply to message #55966] Fri, 08 January 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
you can also deploy html pages on github.io, deployed directly from the html files in the repository, modified by regular commits, but that means whole web is then part of the repo content (I find this as good practice for static html with docs, but not sure how big it would become with UppHub projects and how much it would create extra noise)
Re: Skylark & Turtle moved to github / UppHub [message #55988 is a reply to message #55977] Sat, 09 January 2021 16:41 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Fri, 08 January 2021 12:34
Hello Mirek,

OK, I will remove the Skylar tutorial link on our website. We don't want dead links at all.

You didn't answer to one of my question. What about moving Turtle and Skylark from mirek-fidler into ultimatepp organization? As I wrote previously they are more connected with the organization.

The whole point was to decentralize...

Quote:

Why?

Because, the documentation is QTF and GitHub operates on .md files. So, yes you have access to the file, but QTF is not the format that is easily readable in the plain text form.

Klugier[/quote]

That is perfect usecase for the new md5 package, is not it?

Mirek
Previous Topic: ide: Repo sync now has credentials manager for repo sync
Next Topic: ide: Build / Copy output directory / target path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:47:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02299 seconds