Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Problem with PolyXml (Bazaar : Control4U)
Problem with PolyXml [message #56246] Sat, 13 February 2021 14:06 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Helllo,

It seems that the control4U (downloaded from UppHub)does no longer contain PolyXml and I get error when compiling my project with UPP15760. Sad

Is there a solution ? Razz

Thank you in advance for your reply and advice
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56261 is a reply to message #56246] Mon, 15 February 2021 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Dear BioBytes

Controls4U still has PolyXML.h.

As far as I can see, Bazaar is no longer in the nighty builds and can only be obtained from svn. Please try to download the packages from there, as UppHub is still in preparation.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56289 is a reply to message #56261] Wed, 17 February 2021 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Koldo,

Thank you very much for your reply and advice. It helps greatly. Smile

Have a good day
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56327 is a reply to message #56289] Sun, 21 February 2021 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I updated my system to 15786 version and still have issue with Control4U. The uppHub says that the library is installed but the directory is empty and the system cannot find the sysexec.h header Sad

See screenshots below. It could help in understanding the issue.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/m5ae.png

https://zupimages.net/up/21/07/gvxd.png

Thank you in advance for advice

Have a nice evening

Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56331 is a reply to message #56327] Mon, 22 February 2021 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

this should be fixed, reinstall Functions4U pls...
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56335 is a reply to message #56331] Tue, 23 February 2021 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hi Mirek,

Sorry but still an issue Sad with Control4U when using upp nightly build dated of February 22nd.

Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56336 is a reply to message #56335] Tue, 23 February 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Tue, 23 February 2021 08:48
Quote:

Hi Mirek,

Sorry but still an issue Sad with Control4U when using upp nightly build dated of February 22nd.

How are you testing? It works for me...

Mirek
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56346 is a reply to message #56336] Tue, 23 February 2021 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How are you testing? It works for me...
Mirek

Hello Mirek,

Below see a screenshot showing that the Control4U package is still empty even after having reinstalled the library using uppHub.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/9jj6.png

Hope it could help

Thank you in advance for advice Smile
Biobytes

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2021 08:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56351 is a reply to message #56346] Wed, 24 February 2021 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All,

I can see the problem now, Please check screenshot below
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/cb2x.png

The path of the repo is not correct for Control4U (it indicates Function4U instead of Control4U). Therefore theide cannot find the directory files which remains empty. Sad

Please correct it

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56352 is a reply to message #56351] Wed, 24 February 2021 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello BioByte,

Could you remove UppHub directory completely and try to download Controls4U one more time. You can find directory path in settings:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6383&private=0

Also, can you check if you have Controls4U examples. You can verify it in PackageManager by selecting "Controls4U" assembly (right to "Main packages" DropList and left to "Search" edit field). If everything is there, you could try to remove "Controls4U" package from your project and add it one more time.

I made above tests and Controls4U on clean UppHub is downloaded correctly.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56353 is a reply to message #56352] Wed, 24 February 2021 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Here is the screenshot presenting where you could find Controls4U examples:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6384&private=0

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56354 is a reply to message #56351] Thu, 25 February 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Wed, 24 February 2021 21:24
Hi All,

I can see the problem now, Please check screenshot below
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/cb2x.png

The path of the repo is not correct for Control4U (it indicates Function4U instead of Control4U). Therefore theide cannot find the directory files which remains empty. Sad

Please correct it

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Biobytes

Is not it possible that Control4U is the first yellow line?

In any case, assuming that you have reinstalled everything (like downloaded nightly ide, then installed Controls4U in clean install) and it still does not work, we definitely need to track it down!

On possible tricky catch that comes to mind: If it was in broken state before and you have tried to add Controls4U, you might have accidentally created it in the first nest, empty. Can you check that there is no Controls4U folder in your first nest?

Mirek
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56355 is a reply to message #56351] Thu, 25 February 2021 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I had encountered a seemingly similar problem when I first tested Upphub/Controls4u. In my case the culprit was the "bazaar assembly" itself.

The problem was solved after I'd removed the bazaar entry from the assemblies section in the main package selection screen.

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2021 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56356 is a reply to message #56355] Thu, 25 February 2021 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to all for trying to help Smile

Quote:
Is not it possible that Control4U is the first yellow line?

Mirek, please see the screenshot below showing that no Control4U is visible in the repository.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/z0kq.png

Quote:
Could you remove UppHub directory completely and try to download Controls4U one more time. You can find directory path in settings

Klugier, I deleted the uppHub directory in my Upp installation. Then I reinstalled the Control4U package from the starting splashscreen and the same problem happened. Sad

Here is the structure of my uppHub
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/zwqf.png

Quote:
I had encountered a seemingly similar problem when I first tested Upphub/Controls4u. In my case the culprit was the "bazaar assembly" itself.

The problem was solved after I'd removed the bazaar entry from the assemblies section in the main package selection screen.

Oblivion, I did not have a bazaar entry in the assemblies section as shown below.
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/fiz2.png

So I have no idea of what is happening as other packages, except Control4U/SysExec are correctly installed

Thank you for more advices
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56357 is a reply to message #56356] Fri, 26 February 2021 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
You still not have checked that there is no Functions4U empty package in your MyApps directory...

Given all that you have written, that is the most likely culprit.

Mirek
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56359 is a reply to message #56357] Fri, 26 February 2021 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

You still not have checked that there is no Functions4U empty package in your MyApps directory...

Given all that you have written, that is the most likely culprit.

Mirek

Sorry but I am not sure to understand Embarassed . Could you please give more details ?

Thanks in advance
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56360 is a reply to message #56359] Fri, 26 February 2021 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
MyApps is a folder. Check what subfolders really are in that folder (using OS file manager).

Mirek

Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56362 is a reply to message #56360] Sat, 27 February 2021 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
MyApps is a folder. Check what subfolders really are in that folder (using OS file manager).

Mirek

Thank you very much Mirek. Ok I understand now. I have copied the content of the uppHub in MyApps folder and Control4U package is now available Razz See below.
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/adju.png

The only problem Confused which remains concerns SysExec which is not available from uppHub downloads. See the picture herehunder.
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/ywmc.png

Waiting for your advice and many thanks in advance

Have a good day
Biobytes
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56363 is a reply to message #56362] Sat, 27 February 2021 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Sat, 27 February 2021 10:51
Quote:

Mirek

Thank you very much Mirek. Ok I understand now. I have copied the content of the uppHub in MyApps folder and Control4U package is now available Razz See below.

Actually, you completely misunderstood. You were supposed to "Check what subfolders really are in that folder (using OS file manager).", not to copy anything, that completely spoiled everything (including your MyApps folder).

Mirek
Re: Problem with PolyXml [message #56364 is a reply to message #56363] Sat, 27 February 2021 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quote:
Actually, you completely misunderstood. You were supposed to "Check what subfolders really are in that folder (using OS file manager).", not to copy anything, that completely spoiled everything (including your MyApps folder).

Ok my mistake. Here is the content of MyApps folder
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/tyar.png

Here is the splashscreen visible when Upp starts and the configuration of MyApps
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/bn1r.png

The problem is that SysExec is not part of UppHub. The same issue will appear when using Scatter library!!
https://zupimages.net/up/21/08/3myc.png

Sorry that there is still a problem
Biobytes

Previous Topic: NetProxy package. (HTTP/SOCKS4/4a/5 with BIND support) encapsulation for U++
Next Topic: Are there any video controls that are not deprecated?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01427 seconds