Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Linking has failed - Undefined reference to FT_Get_X11_Font_Format(FT_FaceRec_*) (Issue report including possible fix (FontFc.cpp))
Linking has failed - Undefined reference to FT_Get_X11_Font_Format(FT_FaceRec_*) [message #56333] Tue, 23 February 2021 00:44 Go to next message
Omnipraesens is currently offline  Omnipraesens
Promising Member
I was experiencing an issue with linking programs including the Draw library, wherein it would fail giving the error message in the title of this post. I was able to fix this issue by changing the line (line 13 in Draw/FontFc.cpp)
#include <ftxf86.h>
to
#include <freetype2/freetype/ftfntfmt.h>

This was necessary as ftxf86.h was renamed to ftfntfmt.h by FreeType upstream some time ago. While the exact path you need to provide may vary - the fix I provided is likely specific to my system - if you are experiencing the same error, you should be able to fix it by doing something similar to what I did.

Provided this issue isn't just a result of my somewhat atypical system configuration: if somebody could commit some form of the same fix - preferably utilising some mechanism to conditionally include either the old ftxf86.h or the new ftfntfmt.h depending on which is present, to preserve backwards compatibility - it would be greatly appreciated.

If this is a horrible hack, my bad. I'm half-decent at making things work, but I'm not particularly good at identifying whether I've done it the right way or have simply patched it up with the code equivalent of duct tape and elbow grease Twisted Evil

Hope this helps anyone who might be encountering the same issue.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2021 00:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linking has failed - Undefined reference to FT_Get_X11_Font_Format(FT_FaceRec_*) [message #56338 is a reply to message #56333] Tue, 23 February 2021 09:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Omnipraesens wrote on Tue, 23 February 2021 00:44
I was experiencing an issue with linking programs including the Draw library, wherein it would fail giving the error message in the title of this post. I was able to fix this issue by changing the line (line 13 in Draw/FontFc.cpp)
#include <ftxf86.h>
to
#include <freetype2/freetype/ftfntfmt.h>

This was necessary as ftxf86.h was renamed to ftfntfmt.h by FreeType upstream some time ago. While the exact path you need to provide may vary - the fix I provided is likely specific to my system - if you are experiencing the same error, you should be able to fix it by doing something similar to what I did.

Provided this issue isn't just a result of my somewhat atypical system configuration: if somebody could commit some form of the same fix - preferably utilising some mechanism to conditionally include either the old ftxf86.h or the new ftfntfmt.h depending on which is present, to preserve backwards compatibility - it would be greatly appreciated.

If this is a horrible hack, my bad. I'm half-decent at making things work, but I'm not particularly good at identifying whether I've done it the right way or have simply patched it up with the code equivalent of duct tape and elbow grease Twisted Evil

Hope this helps anyone who might be encountering the same issue.

Thanks. Can you please tell me what distro this is?

Mirek
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] RasterPlayer displayes artifacts for gif's with alpha
Next Topic: Can I build static library using U++?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:39:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03460 seconds