Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework.
Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework. [message #56371] Sun, 28 February 2021 12:53 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
A new project called Anboto has just been created on GitHub.
https://github.com/anboto/Anboto

Anboto adds multiple additional features to U++ so that your projects can be developed faster. It includes the next libraries:

- General use
-- Functions4U
-- Controls4U
-- ScatterDraw
-- ScatterCtrl
-- SysInfo
-- OfficeAutomation

- Engineering and scientific
-- Eigen
-- STEM4U
-- Surface
-- GLCanvas
-- Matio

The code is tested daily to ensure full functionality without disruption. However, to ensure the best performance it is advisable to put Anboto first in the package list on Assembly setup/Package nests.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework. [message #56373 is a reply to message #56371] Mon, 01 March 2021 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Additional information:

All anboto packages are (or will be, some of them are part of uppsrc still, I was considering to move them later this year) also available through UppHub. We will attempt to track anboto changes and merge them with UppHub nests.

Thank you Iñaki for continued support!
Re: Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework. [message #56468 is a reply to message #56373] Sun, 14 March 2021 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Anboto is no more accessible. What has happened?
Re: Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework. [message #56470 is a reply to message #56468] Sun, 14 March 2021 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldo and Mirek,

I can access https://github.com/anboto/Anboto without problems.

I would like to add that the situation with Anboto is very sad to me. The problem here is that we need to speed additional very limited resource to support for UppHub. For many users UppHub will constitute the first source of this packages. The anobo project adds unnecessary indirection. It is much easier to once click to download package, instead of configuring custom assemby from custom repository. Backing to resources, Mireks time is very valuable I would see that the time he will spend on maintaining Anboto UppHub packages on our side will be spend on new functionality or article about Upp.

Koldo please rethink the whole situation again. We will provide any information and help you need. I think that anobo packages should be develop under Libraries4U organization. Each package should be develop as separate repository. As I said the learning curve is not so big, so after one week it should be substitute for single assembly.

We are also open to any UppHub improvements you found useful in context of package development. During all these years with Upp I didn't agree with certain decision made by Mirek and I have never decided to create real fork with exclusive content, because I was thinking that it will be bad for community. Unity is our strength.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Anboto: A set of C++ libraries to streamline project development based on the U++ framework. [message #56471 is a reply to message #56470] Sun, 14 March 2021 22:50 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Sorry then, must have been just temporary github glitch.
Previous Topic: ide: MD support
Next Topic: GDB X11 mouse capture issue solved (in debian)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:51:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01246 seconds