Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Problem with dependencies
Problem with dependencies [message #56464] Sat, 13 March 2021 22:34 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello,

I just updated UppHUb and stumbled on a problem
So I updated Uppsrc and recompiled Theide ... and the problem is still here Confused
(maybe the problem was here before but just didn't see it ?).

I remarked that 'sql' package was included in my project although absolutely not necessary.
A quick search lead me to GridCtrl that includes 'sql' ... but only when GRIDSQL is set ... which is not set in my case : so 'sql' shouldn't be included

The dependency management doesn't seem to work correctly any more (at least it doesn't manage 'when' clauses correctly)

[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2021 22:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with dependencies [message #56476 is a reply to message #56464] Tue, 16 March 2021 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This is actually a feature, not a bug. Currently all dependencies are displayed in the tree, not only those active. The condition only gets checked while building; you can check that Sql is not actually compiled / linked.

The rational was that these conditioned packages are often important to the code, take as example PdfDraw, which is included to Draw if POSIX to allow cups printing. It seems more logical to see all the code for all the platform even in Win32.

That said GRIDSQL flag in this particular situation is quite confusing. I will check whether it could be resolved somehow.
Re: Problem with dependencies [message #56478 is a reply to message #56476] Tue, 16 March 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
OK I understand, I missed that one Embarassed .

Maybe a visual addon could added to the pakcage ICON when it is not used (like grayed for example) ?
Re: Problem with dependencies [message #56479 is a reply to message #56478] Tue, 16 March 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 13:42
OK I understand, I missed that one Embarassed .

Maybe a visual addon could added to the pakcage ICON when it is not used (like grayed for example) ?

Yeah, I agree. It is quite complicated though, so I will just file it for now.

Frankly, besides really confusing GridCtrl you are unlikely to hit this issue anytime again...

Mirek
Re: Problem with dependencies [message #56480 is a reply to message #56479] Tue, 16 March 2021 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Fine for me Smile
Re: Problem with dependencies [message #56486 is a reply to message #56480] Wed, 17 March 2021 13:23 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
I have fixed GridCtrl not to do this...
Previous Topic: Nightly builds not up to date
Next Topic: How I can get FULL feature of Ultimate++?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:08:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01060 seconds