Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Never to able to compile any example.
Never to able to compile any example. [message #57480] Tue, 31 August 2021 07:48 Go to next message
Allen is currently offline  Allen
I spent whole day trying to figure out how to run at least one example, tried every possible search source, still failed.
I feel very sad now.

I'm using macOS 11.5.2. I can confirm that all required libraries are installed.

Here is my journey:

1. Download upp-macos-16056.tar.xz, unzip it, launch theide.
2. Granted every privileges it requires.
3. A popup shows asking me to download the source, click ok.
4. I saw the system console showed up with git clone ..., after 30 minutes, still there, I checked target folder, seems nothing is downloaded.
5. I closed system console. Open terminal and type git clone ... manually, it works well, so network and git works fine, it's not the issue.
6. I tried again, still stuck at the git clone step.
7. Cancel git clone, start theide directly. I can only see MyApps in Assemply list (see attahment).
8. I tried to use umk to compile a example by "./umk ./examples AddressBook CLANG -v ./adbook". Error message is "Missing package(s): CtrlLib Report".

I thought it might be the nightly build's issue, so I went to sourceforge and downloaded the stable build.

Lanuch theide, it stuck at svn ..., wait 30 minutes, nothing happened. Cancel, and lanuch theide, samething happened, I can only see MyApps in Assemply list.
Ran "./umk ./examples AddressBook CLANG -v ./adboo", same error.

I'm so exhausted now... How can I make it work?
Re: Never to able to compile any example. [message #57482 is a reply to message #57480] Wed, 01 September 2021 09:10 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Allen,

The assembly name you provide in your command line may be wrong :
./umk ./examples AddressBook CLANG -v ./adbook

The "./examples" should be just "examples".

In U++ "examples" is called an Assembly, there is plenty's assemblies in the default environnement (examples, uppsrc, MyApps...) they are tied together by a configuration file that should be generated by default or if you launch TheIDE. By specifying examples as assembly, UMK will lookup for dependency requiered in other assembly (in your case it will find CtrlLib in uppsrc Assembly)

https://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$umk$en-us.html
Previous Topic: Fail to get theIde started with macos
Next Topic: Issues with cross-compilation for MacOS on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:59:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02394 seconds