FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » mysqlclient compilation error
mysqlclient compilation error [message #57581] Sat, 02 October 2021 14:07 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

on Mojave my package compile and run perfectly with a 6 months old U++ distro.

Today I have installed Catalina and setup it as done with Mojave but with the latest U++.
Now I have the following error
Linking...
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_ZSTD_compressBound", referenced from:
      zstd_compress_alloc(mysql_zstd_compress_context*, unsigned char const*, unsigned long*, unsigned long*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_c
    ompress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_compressCCtx", referenced from:
      zstd_compress_alloc(mysql_zstd_compress_context*, unsigned char const*, unsigned long*, unsigned long*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_c
    ompress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_createCCtx", referenced from:
    ompress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_createDCtx", referenced from:
      my_uncompress(mysql_compress_context*, unsigned char*, unsigned long, unsigned long*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_decompressDCtx", referenced from:
      my_uncompress(mysql_compress_context*, unsigned char*, unsigned long, unsigned long*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_freeCCtx", referenced from:
      mysql_compress_context_deinit(mysql_compress_context*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_freeDCtx", referenced from:
      mysql_compress_context_deinit(mysql_compress_context*) in libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.cc.o)
  "_ZSTD_isError", referenced from:
    ompress.cc.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I have also noticed that the /opt folder is empty. What zstd is? Is it related to mysql in some way?
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot,
Luigi
Re: mysqlclient compilation error [message #57583 is a reply to message #57581] Sat, 02 October 2021 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
After some more try I was able to compile and run my program.

In the past I was able to set and compile statically libcrypto.a, libssl.a and libmysqlclient.a.

Now it seems that the latest macOS U++ distro link statically libcrypto and libssl and leave mysqlclient dynamically linked.
If I use this default behavior then my program can be compiled. However I need to compile mysqlclient statically and now this cannot be done... at least I am facing some problem and appear the previous compiler error.
I'll continue the test...

Luigi
Re: mysqlclient compilation error [message #57586 is a reply to message #57583] Sun, 03 October 2021 12:56 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
I give up.

I tried all combinations [lib]mysqlclient[.a], library and static library option, setting different paths for libmysqlclient.a and moving it in a separate folder, but nothing worked.

Does anybody knows how to link statically libmysqlclient on Catalina with new U++ distro? (under Mojave and old U++ distro I was succefull).

Thanks,
Luigi
Previous Topic: Issues with cross-compilation for MacOS on Linux
Next Topic: Application crush
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02327 seconds