Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to migrate my old packages to new version U++ in linux
How to migrate my old packages to new version U++ in linux [message #57649] Sun, 07 November 2021 09:58 Go to next message
renyiyuan is currently offline  renyiyuan
Promising Member
Hi, everyone!
I encountered a questions just now that if I build a new version U++ from sources in linux,how can I keep the old packages and settings?
I think we only need to copy the MyApp directory and .config directory (maybe also .cache directory) to the new root, that 's right?
Re: How to migrate my old packages to new version U++ in linux [message #57650 is a reply to message #57649] Mon, 08 November 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Renyiyuan,

Copy all .bm file (build method) file from old Upp directory to the new, also copy all assembly file (it something like .var) and MyApp folder
Re: How to migrate my old packages to new version U++ in linux [message #57651 is a reply to message #57649] Tue, 09 November 2021 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
renyiyuan wrote on Sun, 07 November 2021 03:58
Hi, everyone!
I encountered a questions just now that if I build a new version U++ from sources in linux,how can I keep the old packages and settings?
I think we only need to copy the MyApp directory and .config directory (maybe also .cache directory) to the new root, that 's right?

In Linux TheIDE is searching for a folder called ".config" starting from a folder where an executable is located down to your home directory. This means that you can have multiple ".config" folders (configurations). Inside of this folder it is looking for an "u++" folder.
You need to copy all your configuration files from ~/.upp folder into .config/u++ folder (one of many possible .config/u++ folders).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Novo
Re: How to migrate my old packages to new version U++ in linux [message #57660 is a reply to message #57649] Sat, 13 November 2021 11:46 Go to previous message
renyiyuan is currently offline  renyiyuan
Promising Member
Thanks Xemuth and Novo!
I use the latest nightly build and in it all configuration files are moved to the self-contained .config directory in the upp folder, which is different from the old mode(I remember that the tutorial says that .bm and .var files are all located at upp root folder). So I think my original answer is right:We just need to move .config and MyApp folders.

Yiyuan
Previous Topic: Avoid Copy when adding a Tuple to a VectorMap
Next Topic: some jpgs don't open & slow Stream to Raster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:47:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02592 seconds