FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Application crush
Application crush [message #57684] Wed, 17 November 2021 23:18 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I am experiencing a strange effect.
The same code that compiles and run perfectly under Windows and Linux crashes in MacOS in correspondence of the calling of an innocent menu item.
This happen under Catalina and the recent U++, as well under Mojave and the older U++ version 14670 (it permits me to link statically the mysqlclient lib).
This happen only with one program and not with others that apparently are using the same libraries.

I am investigating why this is happening, but so far I noticed only the following two things:

1) Theide prepares the .app package with its folders and put the executable in one of them. When I double click the .app package, let's say GoodProgram.app the program run correctly and in the top window appear the title of the program, i.e. GoodProgram.
If instead I double click the faulty program, let's say BadProgram.app, the top window shows the title

-psn_0_299081 - BadProgram

Where "-psn_0_299081" come from and what it is?

2) When theide compile and run the program everything is perfect and no crush occurs. So the crash happen only when I double click the Program.app file.

I know I posted very little info to hope to get a feedback. I attach even the error message of the crash.

Many Thanks in advance,
Luigi
  • Attachment: error.txt
    (Size: 58.61KB, Downloaded 79 times)
Re: Application crush [message #57685 is a reply to message #57684] Wed, 17 November 2021 23:24 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
I post the picture of the window title I was referring

• Attachment: Screen.png
    (Size: 1.80MB, Downloaded 102 times)
Previous Topic: mysqlclient compilation error
Next Topic: TheIDE wants too many priviliges on macOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:48:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03919 seconds