Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » NTL
NTL [message #3978] Wed, 12 July 2006 20:42 Go to next message
lindquist is currently offline  lindquist
Hey.
I've been using Ultimate++ for a while now, but I'm interested in testing NTL in other projects as well, and using full UPP stuf is much more than I need right now.

Is the ntllib.org site maintained? and is the NTL download maintained? or will I be better off picking it out of a recent UPP distribution?

Thanx
Re: NTL [message #3979 is a reply to message #3978] Thu, 13 July 2006 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lindquist wrote on Wed, 12 July 2006 14:42

Hey.
I've been using Ultimate++ for a while now, but I'm interested in testing NTL in other projects as well, and using full UPP stuf is much more than I need right now.

Is the ntllib.org site maintained? and is the NTL download maintained? or will I be better off picking it out of a recent UPP distribution?

Thanx

no, no, yes...

Actually, to have somebody to maintain separate NTL would be nice..

Mirek
Re: NTL [message #3985 is a reply to message #3979] Thu, 13 July 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Thu, 13 July 2006 00:01

Hey.

Thanx

no, no, yes...

Mirek

Shocked Out of sheer curiosity, only:

Was does "maintain" mean to you?

Just keep the NTL as such in sync with Ultimate++' "integrated" NTL? Sad

And/Or add comments to it? Smile

And/Or improve it? Very Happy

And/or push it to compete with Boost or alike? Cool
Re: NTL [message #3990 is a reply to message #3985] Thu, 13 July 2006 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Werner wrote on Thu, 13 July 2006 11:59

luzr wrote on Thu, 13 July 2006 00:01

Hey.

Thanx

no, no, yes...

Mirek

Shocked Out of sheer curiosity, only:

Was does "maintain" mean to you?

Just keep the NTL as such in sync with Ultimate++' "integrated" NTL? Sad

And/Or add comments to it? Smile

And/Or improve it? Very Happy

And/or push it to compete with Boost or alike? Cool

I guess, keep in sync and/or rest Wink

Mirek
Re: NTL [message #3992 is a reply to message #3978] Thu, 13 July 2006 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lindquist is currently offline  lindquist
I meant up-to-date e.g. containing the latest features and/or bugfixes. I dont really care if the code is commented, the documentation there is enough to kickstart you. Plus 4 months of Ultimate++ has made me somewhat immune to that Wink

I really like the NTL idea, and I definitely think you guys should push on with it. NTL could help bring more interest to Ultimate++ as well. Consider people starting using NTL for their own applications because of the runtime characteristics, and then later starts looking for a gui toolkit.
I would definitely pick the one using NTL as you get used to the pick stuff etc.

Anyway. I'm going to rip it out of Ultimate++. If you want I can post a download.
Re: NTL [message #3993 is a reply to message #3992] Thu, 13 July 2006 19:54 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
lindquist wrote on Thu, 13 July 2006 12:47

I really like the NTL idea, and I definitely think you guys should push on with it. NTL could help bring more interest to Ultimate++ as well. Consider people starting using NTL for their own applications because of the runtime characteristics, and then later starts looking for a gui toolkit.

Actually, NTL was never standalone project. It was originally meant for more or less the purpose you suggest (to make "something" public quick and gain interest), but results were disappointing...

Complete U++ seems to have much better response in fact, even for NTL.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Congratulations Italy! World Cup Winners!
Next Topic: Upp namespace?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:57:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02299 seconds