Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Generic questions about graphic
Generic questions about graphic [message #57960] Wed, 05 January 2022 10:27
Silvan is currently offline  Silvan
Hello,
wandering around the U++ documentation I have some quastion I did't find an answer:
1) What is exactly Rainbow? And why on the Example section of the side there are two examples (FrameBuffer, UWord_FB) but in the U++ Package no?
2) Painter is amazing... really impressed (not too difficult since I'm a numeric calculus C programmer for the most).
There is some benchmark compared to other Vector Graphic framework? (like Adobe, Quartz, OpenVG, Cairo, etc).
I read some topic on the forum about hardware accelerated Vector Graphic.
Well, first I would say that with the advent of shader everything can do by a CPU can be do also by a GPU,
perfomance consideration came later and maybe there can be situation where CPU is more performant.
I find this recent article: https://developer.nvidia.com/gpugems/gpugems3/part-iv-image- effects/chapter-25-rendering-vector-art-gpu
and there the question: there is some idea to make painter hardware accelerated? Someone is thinking about that?
3) I read somewhere of hardware accelerated Draw so there is a GL U++, where can I found more about that?

Thank you
Silvan

Previous Topic: edit and generate new SVGs
Next Topic: Display transparent paper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:50:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02785 seconds